Sonic Electronix

People say 1500RMS is fine on stock electrical

try adding another batt to the back. Sometimes if there is more juice available, it wont work your engine/alt/equip as hard..

its ur voice coil on ur sub, i had audiopipes that did that, swapped them out for sa-12s.. problem solved..

LOL I'm not running AP subwoofers im running an AP amplifier my subwoofer is a beast my friend... That's why I know its clipping because this amplifier cannot even supply enough juice to over-power my subwoofer even if it was 14.4v constant.

ok my bad bruh... hope u figure this out

I'm running Knuconceptz Kollosus as my Big III and some cheap 0 gauge to the back which is split into two 4's with a 0ga to 2 4ga. I've checked that Diodes stuff out and im concidering it but I read it doesn't help much on low stock alternators. Also I'm not great with this stuff so I dont want to do soemthing that risky when I don't know what i'm doing. My AP1500.1 only accepts 2-4GA I tried 0ga and half the wire would stick out.

I was concidering putting an XS1200 in the rear but I heard mixing batteries was bad? and if I put another battery in the back wouldnt that just strain my alternator more?

on that amp u have to put a reducer to make it accept 0g

Headunit is 58 out of 63 (not clipping i dont think.) with 0 out of +6 bass. I never turn bass boost on and Im not even using a knob. It varies sometimes it's mildly warm and sometimes its really hot I guess it depends what song and how charged my battery is and if im driving or sitting. But today even driving with the bass down less than usual it was REALLY hot to the point it was gonna start smelling.

Maybe its because im running a 4 channel too so its more like 1800RMS? Plus this amp isnt efficient and only does rated @ 14.4v so that could play role too any suggestions what I can do improve/fix this other than turning my shit down so i can bearely hear it.

58 out of 63 may be clipping bro. IIRC most pioneers clip after 40, I know mine does.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Its been an on-going problem :( I cant seem to figure out. I know when my voltage is around 14.4v it doesnt get hot nearly as quick, so im guessing its electrical issues thats why I named this topic what I did. I know I need a more efficient amplifier and a deep cycle in the rear. I'm trying to do ANYTHING I can EXCEPT a bigger alternator I dont want to upgrade that much electrical for 1500RMS when I do 3200RMS ill throw in a 220a but until then im stuck.

Hmmm HU COULD be clipping would that cause it to over-heat quicker? I could tune to 40 on the HU or atleast 3/4 whcih would be 47 volume. I think I might do that brb guys ugh... Should I also tune with a 40hz tone instead of a 50 since im tuned lower?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

The alt should be fine for the time being especially since its newer. I would add a battery in the rear and call it a day for now.

Any type of clipping causes equipment to work harder and less efficiently. Things that are less efficient waste energy, an output of energy wasted is heat.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I'm running Knuconceptz Kollosus as my Big III and some cheap 0 gauge to the back which is split into two 4's with a 0ga to 2 4ga. I've checked that Diodes stuff out and im concidering it but I read it doesn't help much on low stock alternators. Also I'm not great with this stuff so I dont want to do soemthing that risky when I don't know what i'm doing. My AP1500.1 only accepts 2-4GA I tried 0ga and half the wire would stick out.

I was concidering putting an XS1200 in the rear but I heard mixing batteries was bad? and if I put another battery in the back wouldnt that just strain my alternator more?

Thats easily fixable ^ ^ You could get these, reduces 1/0 gauge to 4 gauge.

My link

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Yeah I'm sure thats probably not my problem as a whole though if it was it'd do it all the time... besides im lucky to be running close to 1500rms through the 4ga.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

another thing you can do is check your grounds. Sometimes if they are loose or not on solid, bare metal that doesnt have a good connection, things tend to heat up. I know I had an amp that was grounded poorly and would go into protect all the time. I scraped up the paint and made a solid connection and it fixed the problem.

Team Bass-Hz

I would check grounds and even if they look good tight take them off sand a bit and secure them so they dont budge with ZERO paint touching it just bare metal

IMO your walmart battery could not be supplying enough amperage to your amps. it would still stay at 14.4 but your amps would be struggling to make the power off minimal amperage.

i would suggest using another battery in the back. and checking grounds and scoping your HU.

also your alt should be alright recharging your batts. as long as you monitor your voltage i wouldnt worry about it.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Archived