Sonic Electronix

People say 1500RMS is fine on stock electrical

besides any cheaper quality equipment or possible clipping, ive ran close to what you got on similar alt, no big 3 and i never had an issue, only i had a nice amp and cheap subs, my next setup is 1500-2000 range and i only have an extra bat at the moment, but ive been assured by many that i should be alright, my alt is a 120a alt i believe and ill have big 3 and all 0gauge

Cool? How does this help me? :-p and how is a 120a alt similar to a 90a? and you also have an extra battery I'd say your electrical is way better than mine especially if you're running a more efficient amplifier. My box is 6.8cft 27hz it does seem to get hotter with the new box but not much... It did this on my last box which was much different. I'm guessing im gonna have to bite the bullet and just get a XS battery for the rear and another run of 0 gauge.

i said my next setup will have the different alt and extra battery

i was only saying ive had similar equipment only the cheaper part was the subs not amp, im happy to admit i dont know tons about car audio, i thought id just share i had similar setup and didnt have much of an issue and was suggesting that maybe its how things are setup up, im not sure, box may play a factor or tuning may also play a factor, maybe the way things are installed there isnt enough cooling or breathing room for stuff

i didnt mean to make a post that wasnt helpful in anyway, normally people dont get mad when pay share similar experiences, maybe similar experiences but some get hot and some dont, means you can see how they ahd stuff setup and what may be different between setups, but if you just want to bash people who have had similar experiences and cannot just breakdown and list possible problems with your install, but possibly lend a bit of help another way, then sorry

ill of course leave the help to the knowledgeable ones

dude im not bashing anyone but i dont need that type of help thats all im saying lol it doesnt help me at all... and my setup is fine dude amps are isntalled on the back of my seats. wire is run well ive done this a bit in this vehicle and i just finally got ir perfect the install is good trust me its beyond that.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

Take care of what you need to from the list above then if you still have a problem come back lol

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I am tommorow im just building a list of things to check first thing will be ground... IS there anywhere in the back thats a good ground in a jeep? I just use my seat belt bolt and no its not sanded extremely good it could be that i wont rule it out.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

well i just saw the post about getting hot with smell

I saw this with a pair of kicker cvrs, however they only got hot when playing low and only smelled when a tone was under a certain level, like maybe 28Hz, in this instance even though the supposed Fz of the cvr is like 20 or 25, i dont think they liked playing that low at least in that particular type of box, could that be an issue, maybe that even though its a quality sub it doesnt like playing that low in that box

maybe playing below your tuning level? and you should really check it with a oscope or seomthing a dmm only gets you so far on that

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I am tommorow im just building a list of things to check first thing will be ground... IS there anywhere in the back thats a good ground in a jeep? I just use my seat belt bolt and no its not sanded extremely good it could be that i wont rule it out.

hey man i have a similar situation..im also running an audiopipe 1500d on a custom built 18'' psi subwoofer and it is getting pretty warm. when i set the gain i have the eq at low 0 mid 0 and high 0 and the sub level at +10. set the gain with a dmm for even 1300 rms and it is still getting warm...voltage isnt dropping below 14 in most cases. im stumped man. a run of 0 gauge to the amp and i dont have the big 3 done yet but thats in the works...

Well dave says the Fs on my subwoofers allows it to play 27hz and that it shouldnt be a problem im thiking box size is my biggest problem not tuning... As my 18" is good down to 5cft. it deffinatly gets hotter quicker on real hard lows thats for sure but subsonic is set so its weird.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

hey man i have a similar situation..im also running an audiopipe 1500d on a custom built 18'' psi subwoofer and it is getting pretty warm. when i set the gain i have the eq at low 0 mid 0 and high 0 and the sub level at +10. set the gain with a dmm for even 1300 rms and it is still getting warm...voltage isnt dropping below 14 in most cases. im stumped man. a run of 0 gauge to the amp and i dont have the big 3 done yet but thats in the works...

Sounds EXACTLY like my problem have you talked to dave? Maybe these subwoofers are meant to get hot? weird... i have no access to an oscope and im not buying one ill wait for the smd sensor thing to come out this will have to do. I cant play much below tuning level I have SSF and im tuned @ 27hz lmao.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

too much to read before i give my answer, but

my girls camaro ran a 1500rms setup for the longest time with stock electrical, only the big 3 upgrade. then backed down to the big 1.5 and it still does great. her battery is also a pos walmart one that wont even keep her lights on with the car off for 10 minutes without draining it.

as for pioneer decks clipping, ive scoped mine to go up to 61 of 62 without clipping. if your clipping at 40 then you just have lots of settings up way too high(most likely got that "loud" setting on).

if you have a pioneer deck set the eq to flat, bass at 0, loud off, and the aux and cd level to 0 then you wont clip till 61 or 62

as for what you can do to keep your sub from getting warm... sub with better cooling.. or not run your system full tilt constantly.

if you still want to bump up voltage just put the biggest xs batt you can fit under your hood.

Archived