Second Skin Audio

Re Mt Good For A Lot Of Daily Bumpin?

Before I buy two of these bad boys from a member on ROE i have a couple of question:

1) will I have enough power with 4 crossfire VR-1000D? they should do 1300 watts on 14.4 volts.

2) are they good for a lot of daily? i work almost everyday and its about a 15-20 min drive and i live 340 miles from home so i drive about 5-6 hours every 3 weeks or so. can they handle moderate volume levels for this long?

i wouldnt slam on them everyday 20 mins at a time and then for 5-6 hours they will get hot.

but yea the amps are enough

well ANY sub will get hot from slammin it for too long but what i mean is will the sub deteriorate from playing it daily? like some of the options on the BTL shouldn't be used if the sub is daily cause it can leave shavings and other stuff broken off in the sub.

isn't the MT similar or is it a little more toned down than a FULLY loaded BTL?

I ran my MT 15's for 2 years without problems. One of the subs had a broken tinsel last week ( out for a recone ) but 3500 watts all day can do that. Remember I run this system as hard as you can imagine, it will happen from time to time even with the greatest subs out there. Once in 2 years is not 2 bad huh ?

MT's are great for daily, toughest subs I have ever seen/heard. PERIOD

Christian

Edited by redbaron80

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

RedBaron80 runs his Mt 15's daily with 7kws on the pair and has no issues, Meade Ran MT 18's daily with 4kw on each, it can be done without uissues if the install is done correctly.

lets be honest here, if you have to ask if they will be ok, its pretty safe to say you dont know when to stop

yukon1.jpg

This was our Daily driven and pounded shop truck with 3 18" re mt's that we used to have in our van, competing hardcore!

They each had about 1500 w on them and pounded like no other!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg