Audi A4 99 | First build ever, here we go!

Thanks for the comments guys!

Today i finally got to try it out :) I bumped the volume up and down for a while and then i went all out for about 10 minutes, then i felt a light smell of burnt rubber lol. Checked to see whats wrong and the amp was not even warm, the smell came from the port but went away quickly :)

Only got one pic today

2011-05-29132850.jpg

And before you say anything the finished product will NOT have the wires coming out of the port! Next weekend I'll smoothen the edges, paint it and get the wiring all cleaned up. also you may see an ugly hole in the seat in the pic, ill see if I can make that look good to... It's basically just a thin peice of cloth between the "armrest" and the trunk.

lookin good, let me know how the SPL dynamics ICE-1500D works out, I'm plannin on getting it for my next build :P

I'm far from experienced with this amp and car audio overall, but this far I can say that I am nothing less than happy with it! :drinks:

Check out my build log!

Time to do some work again!

2011-06-02164127.jpg

Fixed imperfections and screw holes

2011-06-02174521.jpg

Required some sanding

2011-06-02174539.jpg

Sprayed paint lightly for test and the result was not too good.

2011-06-02183349.jpg

2011-06-02201933.jpg

Maybe its hard to tell but the edges of the mdf absorbs like a mf.

2011-06-02201944.jpg

So i said fuck it and rolled it with some oil based paint, will have to dry for atleast 16 hours god damn!

2011-06-02205905.jpg

Check out my build log!

I'm gonna do this nicely so the paint will have to dry until tomorrow. Then ill sand it and put a second layer of it and after that finally dried ill paint it for the last time, so maybe I'll get a lil demo up next week :D

One question tho to the more experienced. Should I put a layer of polyester (is it also called resin?) inside of it to get it smooth? I won't bother if it only adds like .3 dB!

Check out my build log!

good to see an audi build! i got 2 boston 12's firing at my back seat just like that!

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

I'm gonna do this nicely so the paint will have to dry until tomorrow. Then ill sand it and put a second layer of it and after that finally dried ill paint it for the last time, so maybe I'll get a lil demo up next week :D

One question tho to the more experienced. Should I put a layer of polyester (is it also called resin?) inside of it to get it smooth? I won't bother if it only adds like .3 dB!

Well, it isn't gonna make a gigantic difference to the ear. It's one of those things that only makes a difference when you do everything else with it, such as 45's, full fiberglassing, etc. I'd say don't waste the time...but thats your choice.

mivtCK.png

The "sanding machine" gave up after merely 10 seconds, so i had to do it by hand, not even close to as good as it woulda been :/ Now i put a second coat on it and when that dries ill hopefully get the last layer of paint on it :)

2011-06-05144525.jpg

My dawg called shotgun and said lets roll! (Yes, the car is filthy right now)

2011-06-04122141.jpg

Great job! For a first build this looks very good. Respect! :drink40:

Thank you! :)

Well, it isn't gonna make a gigantic difference to the ear. It's one of those things that only makes a difference when you do everything else with it, such as 45's, full fiberglassing, etc. I'd say don't waste the time...but thats your choice.

I see, then I wont put the effort to it. :nea:

Check out my build log!

Archived