Second Skin Audio

Slot or Aero Ports...

There shouldn't be any difference on how any of the ports sound from one another but have never tried doing a comparison either, but you will gain space inside the enclosure using round or aeroports over the slot port.

EDIT: The gain will be from the efficiency of how well the round and aeroports are over the slot port.

Thank you for actually answering. So what you are saying is there is not difference in the two ports in themselves, but when put into use, the only possible gain is the fact that the aero will free up more space in the box. Makes sense I guess. I just feel like the little bit of space won't be noticeable to the ear...at least not enough to make up for the work of making an entire new box.

mivtCK.png

with aeros you also dont need the 12-16^3 of port needed for port area

you can get away with 9-13 if im not mistaken

been a while since i've used the aeros i got

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0