Fuses really necessary?

I am relocating my D5100r from under the hood to the trunk and will start my battery bank back there. My question is, if the amp itself is already fused (I.E. my highs amp I just got is exterior fused by 3x40A fuses) and the power wire run isnt going to be more than a few feet, is it really necessary to run a fuse? I realize it is for safety most of the time to protect against a power wire grounding against something, etc., but with such a short run im curious if it truly is necessary. Also, currently I have the big three done and the power wire from my alt is fused by the alt, do I need to add a second fuse to the wire before the battery, or will the one by the alt do the job? Just a couple things I wanted to make sure before I order this fuckton of wire and fuseblocks and shit. Thanks!

:drink40:

Personally, You can never be too safe, So i would just do it anyways. I mean, Just so happen's your inline fuses in your amp fuck up, and don't blow, then your fucked even more. It wont be the first time it's happened to me. It sucks. So in the end, Yeah just do it.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

fuses on the amp help to protect an amp but they don't always work. I've seen plenty of amps with burnt up fets and fuses that never popped. I'd still put a fuse in the line rated for the same as what the amps fusing totals. Not just to protect the amp, but to protect your car. If for some reason the wire got yanked out of the amp and grounded itself you could have a carbecue on your hands.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Should be fine seeing as 120 amp ANL fuses are tough to find and kinda pricey when you do find them.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Should be fine seeing as 120 amp ANL fuses are tough to find and kinda pricey when you do find them.

Aren't 125 amp ANL fuse's easy to find?

My favorite company Stinger.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&pq=tsunami+125+amp+anl+fuse&xhr=t&q=125+amp+anl+fuse&cp=0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1440&bih=775&bs=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13573220277953643360&sa=X&ei=gcHgTYTBAcjl0QHMmv2fBw&sqi=2&ved=0CGIQ8wIwAw

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Yeah, couldnt find them on sonicelctronix...but then found them on darvex. $5 per fuse is rape though. <_<