i started with 5ft of flat iron cut it down to the size i want. next to it is 3/4 thread rod that was used hold down the box but it also beefs up the box as well

box9.jpg

with help from a welding teacher we added another piece of flat iron and connected the brackets,then he welded everything together.

box10.jpg

also thanks to the Maintenance guy at my job he drilled the holes for the bracket and made me a special piece for the front of the box.i used 8 nuts and 6 washers total with alots of silicon dont want any air leaks. heres the finished product.only thing to do left is add connectors to the wire going to the box.

box7.jpg

box3.jpg

i know it wont stop a thief but it will sure slow him down and my insurance has to cover me now that its bolted down.

Edited by la negra
mycars.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

how does insurance now cover it?

Most insurance companies will not insure aftermarket car audio unless you specifically pay for it and it is permanently affixed "Bolted down". Always good to provide them a list of equipment and pictures also.

how does insurance now cover it?

Most insurance companies will not insure aftermarket car audio unless you specifically pay for it and it is permanently affixed "Bolted down". Always good to provide them a list of equipment and pictures also.

Ahh good to know! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...