Battery ground same place as amp ground?

o.k., I thought I saw on here someone suggested the second run go straight to the alt, but withe the big 3, it kinda doesn't matter anyway! Thank you!

Pontiac Grand Prix GT
400a Mean Machine alt.

EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2
DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweets
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkva
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishova
http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]

its sometimes better to have the - to - and + to + from front to back battery. but you can ground it in the back. but i would ground your amp straight to the - on the battery make sense?

So if you run wires from the front to the back like your first example, do you not need ground the back batteries to the frame? Say if you have 1 up front and 3 in the back.

its sometimes better to have the - to - and + to + from front to back battery. but you can ground it in the back. but i would ground your amp straight to the - on the battery make sense?

So if you run wires from the front to the back like your first example, do you not need ground the back batteries to the frame? Say if you have 1 up front and 3 in the back.

I would like to know this too.. currently i have my front to back - to - and + to +. I have my front battery grounded, and my back battery grounded to frame at different locations.. Are you saying i dont need to ground the back battery to frame at all?

I would like to know this too.. currently i have my front to back - to - and + to +. I have my front battery grounded, and my back battery grounded to frame at different locations.. Are you saying i dont need to ground the back battery to frame at all?

this is the way i have mine ^ ^ ^ ^ i think its the best way

then since i have 2 batteries i have - to - and + to + from one battery to the other

this is the way i have mine ^ ^ ^ ^ i think its the best way

then since i have 2 batteries i have - to - and + to + from one battery to the other

Are you agreeing to how i have it setup or how the other guy is saying to set it up? with only 1 ground to chassis.

Are you agreeing to how i have it setup or how the other guy is saying to set it up? with only 1 ground to chassis.

:good: the way you have it

im sure it would be fine the other way too but this IMO seems like the best way to make sure everything is grounded and nothing is left out

:good: the way you have it

im sure it would be fine the other way too but this IMO seems like the best way to make sure everything is grounded and nothing is left out

Good, no changes then! I was second guessing myself.. like eff i thought i had it right lol.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

In all reality, you don't need the ground runs from Bat-Bat, only the Pos. As long as the Alt, and Engine block, and both batteries are grounded to the chassis, there is no need for the runs from bat-bat. If your vehical is a truck or SUV that has a frame that is seperated from the body, make sure you run a ground that connects the body to chassis. Doing all these shorter runs will save you alot of money from having to buy all the extra wire. Reason being is that electons are pulled from the ground to the Positive current. Sence the chassis is already used as a grounding surface, you mind as well continue to use it as such.

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

Its never a good idea to ground an amplifier to the battery. Look at it this way... what if the ground from your battery to chassis gets corroded or comes loose? when you go to try and start the vehicle, the starter is going to look for a ground path. since the chassis is no longer connected the battery it will look for other options, such as RCAs that are grounded from the radio, then it goes to your amp, then from amp to battery. basically.... shits gonna catch on fire.

Just find a nice spot. not a spot welded panel. Scrape paint, drill a hole, and bolt that bitch down

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

Archived