curtdakota Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 So any updates on what your gonna do porksoda? I've decided to wall off my Dakota with my 2 18"s now i noticed you mentioned 2 18's in your dakota, and your brother mentioned 2 18's also, does that mean you guys are talking about the same dakota? or do you both have dakotas, if so thats pretty sweet.
Supercharged DCs Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 We share a vehicle Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.
curtdakota Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 We share a vehicle ahh, well thats still cool though, atleast your both interested in the same thing and can build it together
Supercharged DCs Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 Yep, and splitting the cost on equipment is nice Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.
curtdakota Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 Yep, and splitting the cost on equipment is nice yeah, i wish i had someone to split equipment costs with lol
porksoda Posted June 17, 2011 Author Report Posted June 17, 2011 I am still on the fence right now on what amplifier to buy. I am leaning toward a 1200-2000w 1 ohm stable amplifier. Any suggestions for an amplifier? Also I think I am going to design a enclosure that has the subs facing forward and port up? How does that sound? EDIT: I updated my build in my sig. Check it out. My truck build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/111744-1998-dodge-dakota-build/page__pid__1565536#entry1565536 AlphaDamp CLD Mats - Get more sound deadening using less sound deadener
Louisiana Bass Posted June 17, 2011 Report Posted June 17, 2011 Never ran sub forward port forward, but contemplated it a bit when I had my 15" in. Try it and see and you can't go wrong with a AQ 2200. N8. No homo...unless you want there to be.
curtdakota Posted June 18, 2011 Report Posted June 18, 2011 ive never ran any other configuration than subs forward, port up and it has worked well for me, but then again i dont know how the other configurations would work, but to save headaches i just stick to what i know works for me +1 on the AQ1200D or the 2200D, i run a AQ1200D right now and i love it, and im about to get a AQ2200D to run my new BTL.
porksoda Posted June 21, 2011 Author Report Posted June 21, 2011 Well I removed my old set-up today. I did some measuring and I decided these will be my max dimensions. 27 High x 47 Wide x 15 Deep That should be enough space for these 2 woofers correct? Also I am keeping my side/back trim panels on. I do not plan on removing them. My truck build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/111744-1998-dodge-dakota-build/page__pid__1565536#entry1565536 AlphaDamp CLD Mats - Get more sound deadening using less sound deadener
porksoda Posted June 23, 2011 Author Report Posted June 23, 2011 Hey guys I am getting someone to design my enclosure and he is asking what frequency do I want the enclosure tuned to. What would be the best frequency to tune to? I would like to hit hard all a wide variety of songs. Because if I tune really low I will only hear the bass on certain songs with that frequency correct? My truck build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/111744-1998-dodge-dakota-build/page__pid__1565536#entry1565536 AlphaDamp CLD Mats - Get more sound deadening using less sound deadener
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.