1999 Audi A4th order Trunk Build Video Pg 7

Great looking build ! :drink40:

Kenwood KDC-BT33

Sundown Audio SAE-100.4  -  4 Crescendo Audio SC-650s     

Sundown Audio SCV-6000D  @  (.5 ohm)   -   2 DC Audio LVL5 M5 Elite 15s (d2)

6.45 ft Box ( Net ) tuned to 30 Hz  -   (  APM - 2  = 151.2 db  )

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4WD

Brand X 390 Alternator - XS Power PSC30 

XS Power D3400  (front)  -  3 XS Power D3100s  (rear)

Knukoncepts Kolossus Flex 1/0  -  SMD Meters  -  SMD Fuse Holders

Sky High Copper Battery Terminals  -  Amp Lab RPMC v2 

SPL Cartel Bass Knob  -  Toolmaker Copper Amp Inputs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Those threaded inserts (EZ-loks) can be a real pain in the ass. I use them for plexi that needs to be removed again and again and that's it. They do really well in birch, but after a while they start to pull loose in MDF no matter how small of a hole you can get them threaded into. I would rather use T-nuts all day long if I could, because the one's I buy from parts express I can really crank em down tight. I only use threaded inserts with birch anymore. Replace with T-nuts? And when are you getting the other two subs?

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Great looking build ! :drink40:

thanks a lot!

Those threaded inserts (EZ-loks) can be a real pain in the ass. I use them for plexi that needs to be removed again and again and that's it. They do really well in birch, but after a while they start to pull loose in MDF no matter how small of a hole you can get them threaded into. I would rather use T-nuts all day long if I could, because the one's I buy from parts express I can really crank em down tight. I only use threaded inserts with birch anymore. Replace with T-nuts? And when are you getting the other two subs?

i did some research and some people online said they held better than t-nuts but it doesnt really matter. ill just stick with the wood screws in the subs and hope the ez-loks that hold the port in work for me. if not ill just change those to t-nuts. and i have no clue when im getting the other two subs but hopefully within the next few weeks

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

i did some research and some people online said they held better than t-nuts but it doesnt really matter. ill just stick with the wood screws in the subs and hope the ez-loks that hold the port in work for me. if not ill just change those to t-nuts. and i have no clue when im getting the other two subs but hopefully within the next few weeks

Well, it depends. Some people have issues with T-nuts stripping threads and teeth folding over. I only buy from parts express and have never had issues with either. I will say I can make EZ-Loks look much prettier than T-nuts, but if you can't see them I'd take T-nuts all day long. I've got bags of these, somewhere around 500 threaded inserts and T-nuts here. Lol, they was on sale. :pardon:

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

ill probably get t-nuts from parts express before i put my next subs in because one of the ez-loks on the port came out about a quarter inch but it still got tight.

update: i got gorilla tape around the edges of the hole covers and put it around the edges of the subs for good measure. port is bolted in with tape around the seam. tomorrow i will be testing the subs out on my brother amp to see what they sound like. ill probably get a demo video if i remember and ill post it up here

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

this video is 100% bass. i plugged the subs into my brothers zx1000.1 amp in his car just to hear how loud the bass was and its quite louder than the bostons are without even being broken in yet

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

and this is how we got it done.

P9190148.jpg

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

i found one of these in my box of car audio stuff. my aunt bought it for me from a garage sale for $5 a while ago and i just looked it up and it does like 275 rms at 2 ohms bridged. i hooked it up to my subs to get them playing and its bumpin pretty good for because around 130 watts per sub. i notice them getting a lot louder as i play them too from them breaking in

amp-rockford-fosgate_4885765.jpg

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

started working on the trim panel for the rear arm rest to make it look prettier.

P9230150.jpg

P9230153.jpg

also started working on the rear speaker pods again. I have to build these because the box is too high for the speakers to mount normally and i wanna try it out.

P9230152.jpg

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

got another piece made up for the trim panel in the armrest. for the rest of the pieces i need to use 1/8" wood so i gotta get that then ill finish that.

P9260155.jpg

almost got the fiberglass speaker pods done. not bad for my first time ever doing it

P9260154.jpg

P9260156.jpg

P9260157.jpg

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Archived