Sonic Electronix

So i've been planning this build for a couple of weeks and im getting real into it. Of course though every build has its problems right? I looked up a box on google and feel in love with the design (http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/1877/4861/29692430010_large.jpg). Just 1 problem, i got a recent copy of solid works and started to draw it up with the specs of my woofers and im having a hard time designing a box that will fit and meet the specs for my subs. Since im not driving a huge ass can and only a 98 dodge stratus, the base edition of course my trunk isn't that big i found out. I measured it all up and found out with my 6x9's i put in i only have 14.5 inches of space high and like 39 inches across to work with, 4 feet of depth to work with though. Its that damned with that kills me every time though. The subs i have require a space of 1 cubic feet sealed or 1.5 cubic feet ported. I'm also in a debate if i want to go with a ported system or a selaed system upgrade, i had a sealed enclosure with 3 subs and that was pretty intense. The three subs i have are the boss CW125DVC series (http://www.bossaudio.com/main/1169) and i like them alot. What i used to power them was a power acoustik 4000w bamf amp which i also really really really liked until some punk went into my car and stole it :No: rage moment there. Anyways yeah i had three of them in my little stratus but i want four of them now. How can i really fit them though with this design is the question. If anyone could do a design where could fit all 4 of the subs in my car trunk that would be awesome and stuff. Also check this out and see if i was right on this drawing here about hooking up a amp to the door/6x9's along with an amp.(http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss256/kingtut_1992/Amphookup.png) also if i am wrong please correct me about this before i blow something up, already had an amp stolen...don't need a sub blown too ya know? If i have anything else to add ill be glad to add here.

The easiest way to do it in that amount of room would be to do it as 4 chambers, basically like 4 small boxes laid out like that that use a common top and bottom sheet. When you get into porting them and working it all out in that shape in that area may get tricky, though I'm sure it can be done. I must ask though, why are you wanting to go with them again? For just slightly more you can pick up a pair of MUCH better subs (DC lvl 3, Sundown SA's, etc) and be able to make a much more simple and effective box and get even louder than the 4 cheaper subs.

For your mids/highs amp we will need to know the impendence of each speaker, and the minimum impendence the amp is stable at. IE: if your trying to wire 3 single 4 ohm speakers up to 1 channel parallel you could be running 1.34ohms on an amp only stable at say 2 ohms.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

The easiest way to do it in that amount of room would be to do it as 4 chambers, basically like 4 small boxes laid out like that that use a common top and bottom sheet. When you get into porting them and working it all out in that shape in that area may get tricky, though I'm sure it can be done. I must ask though, why are you wanting to go with them again? For just slightly more you can pick up a pair of MUCH better subs (DC lvl 3, Sundown SA's, etc) and be able to make a much more simple and effective box and get even louder than the 4 cheaper subs.

For your mids/highs amp we will need to know the impendence of each speaker, and the minimum impendence the amp is stable at. IE: if your trying to wire 3 single 4 ohm speakers up to 1 channel parallel you could be running 1.34ohms on an amp only stable at say 2 ohms.

I already have the 3 subs from my last system and id only have to buy 1 sub, also im kinda going for looks aswell more than sound. Ive priced my upgrade to cost me about 300-400 dollars

The mids/highs would be on a 4 channel amp at 4 ohms..only need 400-500 watts for these things to move them comfortably. i was just wondering if i had the wiring hooked up right

I already have the 3 subs from my last system and id only have to buy 1 sub, also im kinda going for looks aswell more than sound. Ive priced my upgrade to cost me about 300-400 dollars

The mids/highs would be on a 4 channel amp at 4 ohms..only need 400-500 watts for these things to move them comfortably. i was just wondering if i had the wiring hooked up right

What I was saying was until we know the individual impendence of each speaker you are wanting to hook up to that mids/highs amp we can't tell you anything. You are wanting to hook up 3 speakers to one channel from what I can gather from your drawing, and depending on impendence your amp may not handle it.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

Im hooking up the 4 speakers to a 4 channel amp, each with a separate channel. I just wanted to know if that was correct wiring since i would be taking off the factory wires and putting in my own wires. I just don't know if that will screw it up.

Then your picture makes no sense. You have 5 speakers drawn up to it for one thing, and you show 3 separate inputs instead of 4. Next time draw it more detailed, show each wire going to a corresponding +/- on the amp, not just a bunch of lines going to a box. Do some searching on how to wire it, if you fuck up wiring 4 speakers to a 4 channel you don't need to be on here.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

Not true. Just proof a forum full of experience and knowledge is exactly what he needs.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

you can also use y-cables instead of a crossover if its just for rca's. The remote wire looked ok.

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock