Guest beatitouttheframe Posted December 7, 2006 Report Posted December 7, 2006 yes there is with a company named apexi there have a pipe like ur thinking of thats loud as hell and they couldnt put it out there unless the could tone it down so the made an insert to make it to where it has a slight buzz but dosent scream ricer u know...cheach them out bro very nice ppl as well as good parts
Herrie_V Posted December 7, 2006 Report Posted December 7, 2006 I'm just a poor carpenter and i build houses, from the ground till the roof. But my specialty is finishing the interiour of the house. The last "things" to make it look nice. So, building boxes is a hobby for me since i was a kid and is just easy for me, because i have all the tools and stuff and "2 right hands" The only problem left is the money for a good audio installation lol. Everything here is a lot more expensive then on the other side of the ocean @ your area. I can learn a lot here on the forum, you guys do a good job here posting all of your information and pics, thanx for it! I'm just new here, but count me in as a enthousiast member! Greetz from Holland, Herrie
Pokey Posted December 7, 2006 Report Posted December 7, 2006 Damn, how did I miss this one?? I just got out of the Army after 4 years, not by choice, but on good terms. I was a tank driver in the Army....nothing in the world like driving 70 TONS of unstoppable steel and depleted uramuim 45MPH down the road and running over land mines like they're speedbumps!!!!!!! Now I'm a Disabled Veteran with no job. Car wrecks in Mustangs FTMFL!!!!
DVBin916 Posted December 8, 2006 Report Posted December 8, 2006 Just found this thread thought I would tell all. I am a Jack of all trades but welder buy trade I have been in the welding industry for about 12 years now. I am currently the swing shift Assembly Supervisor for Welding and Robotics at FlowMaster Inc. in our West Sacramento facility been here 7 years now. (YES FlowMaster Mufflers) Quick question here... I got a Cobalt ss supercharged 2.0 v4 and i really dont like the recent bumblebee sounding mufflers alot of people put on their rides... With a smaller displacement engine like i have is it possible to actually muffle that or keep it at a minimum without sacrificing preformance (stock isnt bad thou) Who makes a Cobalt SS? and its a supercharged 2.0 ,4 cylinder? -
Pokey Posted December 8, 2006 Report Posted December 8, 2006 You're kidding right??? You don't know who makes the Cobalt??? Do you watch TV man??? It's that same folks that make your truck. Chevy
emperorjj1 Posted December 8, 2006 Report Posted December 8, 2006 sry my bad thought i edited it but i guess not... Its a Chevrolet vehicle. and yes its a superchaged 2.0L 4 cylinder.... From what i understand the sound has something to do with the actual size of the engine but from what ive seen mufflers for v6 and v8 cars look different (to me the uneducated consumer) then a v4 muffler so im thinking maybe that maybe a reason for the sound difference J. JMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer
ChevyBoy Posted December 8, 2006 Report Posted December 8, 2006 my mom has the old school cavalier with the 3.1L and it sounds pretty good. stock muffler that looks like a flowmaster 40 series. not the big ricer ones.
DVBin916 Posted December 8, 2006 Report Posted December 8, 2006 You're kidding right??? You don't know who makes the Cobalt??? Do you watch TV man??? It's that same folks that make your truck. Chevy No I don't get to watch TV too much. When I doo it all TiVO so I skip through the bull! -
DVBin916 Posted December 8, 2006 Report Posted December 8, 2006 sry my bad thought i edited it but i guess not... Its a Chevrolet vehicle. and yes its a superchaged 2.0L 4 cylinder.... From what i understand the sound has something to do with the actual size of the engine but from what ive seen mufflers for v6 and v8 cars look different (to me the uneducated consumer) then a v4 muffler so im thinking maybe that maybe a reason for the sound difference What year is it??? -
ChevyBoy Posted December 8, 2006 Report Posted December 8, 2006 the cobalt took the place of the cavalier and theyre some pretty peppy bitches with the supercharger!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.