so my uncle might be selling me his 04 motecarlo ss supercharged it has the 3800 and i was wondering if there is an aftermarket supercharger for it to get rid of the stock one and put one on thats gonna give the car more output

Currently in a build

2 BTL 18s

1 AQ 2200

4 Kenetic hc 600s

Pioneer AVH-P2300 (next purchase)

High output alt 150 amps

that car already has some get up and go for factory you wouldn't gain all that much but would have to spend a pretty penny. if you want faster find something that comes with a v8 you can get more bang for buck out of v8. Im not saying v6's don't get fast but it takes some money

that car already has some get up and go for factory you wouldn't gain all that much but would have to spend a pretty penny. if you want faster find something that comes with a v8 you can get more bang for buck out of v8. Im not saying v6's don't get fast but it takes some money

oh i know i would totaly rather take a 93 mustang but i know how good my uncle takes care of his cars so thats why im more interested in his monte carlo

Currently in a build

2 BTL 18s

1 AQ 2200

4 Kenetic hc 600s

Pioneer AVH-P2300 (next purchase)

High output alt 150 amps

Hit up http://montecarloforum.com/forum/

There is tons of aftermarket support for our 3800s, especially supercharged 3800s.

The stock blower is more than enough for these cars, be careful as you start modding though as the 4T65E-HD trannys in our 3800 FWD cars have a lot of problems and is unfortunately the biggest problems with these cars.

Ported and polished blower and Lower intake manifold will yield a lot of gains, along with upgraded exhaust, manifolds, colder plugs, tuned pcm, etc. the list goes on

www.zzperformance.com has tons of stuff you can buy for these motors.

To start off, I would put a CAI/FWI on it and it will really waken up that supercharger, unless it already has a CAI/FWI. You'll hear it whine like crazy and there goes a tank of gas, haha. (You won't want to keep your foot out of it).

Add me on here, I know tons about these 3800s and modding them...

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

The GM 3800 is VERY capable, Smaller pulley with a GOOD Tune, Intake, exhaust, 1.9 Rockers, injectors, LOTS of mods. My Impala has the N/A 3800 and its quick. I want to top swap it :):drinks:

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Speed Daddy headers (on eBay), CAI, tune, then if you want more, pulley down.

L67's are the shiz. I've debated swapping one into my '96, but emissions is an issue, as is the oil filter adapter clearing the intermediate shaft on the 5-speed in my garage.

Too many projects, too little time...

dude I have owned plenty of v8's

1982 5.0 5spd

1988 monte carlo ss

1998 svt cobra

2001 ws6 t/a (ran 11's on street tires)

and I still regret never buying the 2001 gtp I could have gotten. you will love the car once you start playing with it.

exhaust (headers back)

pulley

ported eaton

intake

tune (most important)

little suspension work

and good tires you will be in the 12's area with a fwd car

they can sound pretty mean as well

Edited by korey_hofer

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Honestly I like the sound of the 60-degree motors better (3100, 3400, 3500) but the 90 degree's make so much more power it makes up for it.

Biggest limiting factor in W-bodies is the transmissions though. They do NOT hold up very well to abuse. If you're going to go crazy on modding look into an upgraded one. I hear a lot about Triple Edge Performance on the forums I go on, they seem to be a good bet, although a little on the $$$ side.

Honestly I like the sound of the 60-degree motors better (3100, 3400, 3500) but the 90 degree's make so much more power it makes up for it.

Biggest limiting factor in W-bodies is the transmissions though. They do NOT hold up very well to abuse. If you're going to go crazy on modding look into an upgraded one. I hear a lot about Triple Edge Performance on the forums I go on, they seem to be a good bet, although a little on the $$$ side.