Second Skin Audio

Need 15" Sub recommendations

I scraped the idea of a console build and will be doing a full blowthrough on the truck, the box size will be around 21-22 cubic ft of airspace before bracing and port and all that.

If its possible i wanna run 3 15's but if not ill stick with too i just need to see if Ram_Designs is able to make a design that will allow three to fit.

So since ive never ran 15's i need some ideas on subs.

I have a sundown saz-2500 that ill be running and later on will add a second one, so any ideas on what to run?

So 2500w for the time being and 5kw later on running on 3 subs? I would go with some DC Lv4 15s, FI BL 15s, Sundown SA-15s, AA Havoc 15s, or DD2515s.

I think that about covers all the brand us nuthuggers will recommend :)

Edited by Supercharged DCs

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Yeah 2500 watts for now 5k later on. Ill have the electrical to back it up so no worries there. My main two were either Sundown or DC...cant decide between the 2 as ive went back and forth so if anyone can recommend one off personal experience let me know.

How much are those DC's rated at? The sundowns are 600 rms correct, but are able to handle quiet a bit more? Im on my phone or i would check it juyst takes to long to navigate the internet off of it.

Either get the Lv4s or lv4 XLs for the power you plan to run.

I would personally get 2 Lv4 XLs for now, and if you want you can add a third later on when you get 5000w up and running. It all depends on your budget mate.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Not allowed to share pricing for DC, or other dealer based companies.

Now, for your space, I would do four 15"s. There's no need to go level 5, you can stay within your power limits and get loud, and not break the bank. Level 4s would eat the power nicely. If you think you might want to get even bigger and badder, possibly three Xls (or 4) on a BC5500.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?