Second Skin Audio

Box Design for 3 8" TC Sound Epics

Yeah, wondering if anybody could give me some rough estimates or a box designs for 3 8" TC Sound Epics.

The box is for a regular cab s-10, i'm taking the bench seats out and putting buckets in, then i'm building a custom center console inbetween the seats.

These are the dimentions I have to work with:

45" x 12" x 7-10"

Wanting to know if that would be enough room for them. box tuned to 32hz, with subs and port firing up.

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.

Well the box will have to be 9" deep to have the subs firing up. If you can do that, then you have just a hair under 2ft^3 to work with before sub and port displacements...which just isn't enough. What's the reason why you can only go 45" wide and 12" high?

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

There is 1 dude you really want to ask about 3 8" setups in an ext cab s-10

Name is tommyk on caco and other forums.

Not that we cant get great results, but he is gonna have the most experience with that truck and 3 8's

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

do a center-clam-shell design?

Tossed this together in 5 minutes.. looks a bit like shit, sorry :P

quick-8-box.jpg

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

quick-8-box.jpg

you didnt toss that together in 5 min..

:bsflag:

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

quick-8-box.jpg

you didnt toss that together in 5 min..

:bsflag:

sure he did...photoshopped a pic in 5 minutes :P

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

the truck isnt an extended cab.

the box is going in-between the seats.

dsfasdf.jpg

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.

Kind of a bad idea to up fire..