DC Sound Lab

i have a lvl5 12 and plan on starting my build on the 20 21 whenever i get back from florida. im getting an saz 2500D the box i plan on building is 2.85 cubes tuned to 30 hz. my question is should i should i sell the lvl5 and get 2 xl 10's for the little extra cone area? its going in a single cab s10 without a blow through

Edited by jsawdy212

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

yes it has buckets they are to close together to have a center consol though. im not going to be able to give it full power for awhile anyways (electrical) so im making the box efficient as possible for now. i was just wondering if it'd be worth the hassle of selling and buying different subs?

Edited by jsawdy212

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

your box is still too big though, i'd do 2 cubes max

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

so would the two tens be better in that space sense they are close to a 15 in cone area?

10's like about 1.2 cubes each if i remember right...but with only a 2.5k those xl's will laugh at the power..the 5 is going to laugh at the power as well..if you really wanted to get the most out of 2 10's i'd do 2 upgraded level 4's (lvl 5 coils/softparts), and put them in about 2.4 cubes after disps, with about 16 sq in per cube..

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

yea i know theyll want more power thats y i was making the box bigger so i could get away with less power...

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

so would the two tens be better in that space sense they are close to a 15 in cone area?

10's like about 1.2 cubes each if i remember right...but with only a 2.5k those xl's will laugh at the power..the 5 is going to laugh at the power as well..if you really wanted to get the most out of 2 10's i'd do 2 upgraded level 4's (lvl 5 coils/softparts), and put them in about 2.4 cubes after disps, with about 16 sq in per cube..

^ agreed on a pair of lvl 4/5 10s :drink40: .

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

Given the fact that you already have the Level 5 12 I would stick with it and just build a good box instead of having to sell it and then wait for the motors to come in to get new subs.

If you do decide to sell the Level 5, I would go with 2 Level 4s w/5 coils since you are getting a sundown 2500. The XLs would be overkill on that power.