Explorer Dual Alt Kit----Pics inside

If any of you on here have a ford explorer with the 4.0-ohv in it and wont to put 2alts on it and keep the ac let me no i am almost done with my dual alt kit that i made for my explorer if there is some explorer oweners on here that might wont one let me no i might try and build some for you. when i get it all done and painted i will post pic of it for yall. this ant a for sale thread just trying to see if there is anyone that might wont one when i get done with mine.

Edited by just1moreamp

i may be interested. keep me updated on this. ive got dual d6500 batts which is great but im looking to upgrade alt soon. and fitting duals would really allow me some expandability

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I would be interested as well. I have a 01 2 door. I think it is the sohc 4.0. I will double check in the morning. I really would like to see how you make this work without loosing my AC. Also what kinda of set up do you have in your exploder?

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, we had to custom fab mine to keep the ac... Did you have to move the power steering resovoir? If so, one thing I learned the HARD WAY is that the hose for power steering resovoir looks like it is long enough to move it to a new location, however, under the pump, the hose will kink and it ended up blowing the seal on my power steering pump