big 3 battery in trunk

I've never made one before, but basically you bolt a block of steel or whatever into the frame of your trunk, or where you want it, and that can serve as your new ground spot.. theres different ways of doing it. im sure you'll come up with a good idea.

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

I've never made one before, but basically you bolt a block of steel or whatever into the frame of your trunk, or where you want it, and that can serve as your new ground spot.. theres different ways of doing it. im sure you'll come up with a good idea.

ok i will think of somthing thanks

no battery is stock in the trunk. just do the same thing 0awg from alt to that battery then follow same steps man

Did you seriously just say that? You need to pull your head out and go look at a few Euro cars before you stick your foot in your mouth even farther. I suppose no batteries ever came stock under the back seat either right???

when i said that i was referring to what supercharged dcs asked. meaning no there isnt a battery under the hood the stock location is in the back, sorry for any confusion with my poor interwebz grammer haha

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Check the size of the stock wiring first though. My roommate's old BMW 540i had the battery in the trunk, but there was 1/0 stock running to it.

If it's not stock 1/0 then a single 1/0 run of positive will suffice. Then do a ground from battery to frame, and a ground from alternator to frame. Make sure to sand the shit out of the spot on the frame before you drill through it and bolt a terminal to it though. And then spray a little paint over the area to keep it from rusting after the terminal is bolted to the frame.

It would be preferable to do a direct run of ground from the alternator to the battery instead of just alternator to frame though, but it is not entirely necessary.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I have to do the big 3 on my roommates cobalt which has the battery in the trunk as well, personally I'm going to run positive and negative 1/0 to the rear because I'm pretty sure cobalts are unibody and I'd rather have a great ground instead of a mediocre one.

But other cars with batteries in the rear that have actual frames (rather than being a unibody) I dont see why you couldn't just do a ground to the frame in the rear.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I have to do the big 3 on my roommates cobalt which has the battery in the trunk as well, personally I'm going to run positive and negative 1/0 to the rear because I'm pretty sure cobalts are unibody and I'd rather have a great ground instead of a mediocre one.

But other cars with batteries in the rear that have actual frames (rather than being a unibody) I dont see why you couldn't just do a ground to the frame in the rear.

yeah, nothing wrong with a ground to the frame in the rear.. works just as good <_<

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

i dont know if my car is unibody becouse were the spare goes it looks like its glued to the rest of the car. but im just gonna do the 2 1/0wire just to be safe and for the battery bank im just gonna do the ground block, like homiewes said, somewere around the strut tower

Archived