bre2ts Posted June 12, 2011 Report Posted June 12, 2011 Well i installed my CDA-117 last weekend an was working fine. This week it just won't turn on. I check the power going to it I am getting 12v to it I am not sure what could be wrong. Any ideas? Quote Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
AI James Posted June 12, 2011 Report Posted June 12, 2011 your ascessory working properly? is it grounded ? try hooking it direct to your battery to test if the units bad Quote
bre2ts Posted June 12, 2011 Author Report Posted June 12, 2011 (edited) your ascessory working properly? is it grounded ? try hooking it direct to your battery to test if the units bad i checked the power using the ground going to it.. i have never checked it through the battery how do i do that? Edited June 12, 2011 by bre2ts Quote Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
AI James Posted June 12, 2011 Report Posted June 12, 2011 uninstall it and hold yellow and red on positive black on negative and see if it comes on Quote
bre2ts Posted June 12, 2011 Author Report Posted June 12, 2011 Thanks James I figured it out before your post it was quite obvious had a brain fart there. After further trouble shooting I realized my constant (yellow) had no power going through it so I ran some wire straight from the batt to my constant and voila it worked. I could of sworn I checked all the fuses but I went back and rechecked and found the culprit and the problem. Quote Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
ham4864 Posted June 12, 2011 Report Posted June 12, 2011 Thanks James I figured it out before your post it was quite obvious had a brain fart there. After further trouble shooting I realized my constant (yellow) had no power going through it so I ran some wire straight from the batt to my constant and voila it worked. I could of sworn I checked all the fuses but I went back and rechecked and found the culprit and the problem. i'm glad you got it straight bro. Quote 2009 bmw 5 series Head Unit Stock Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4 Processor- Audiocontrol LC6
AI James Posted June 12, 2011 Report Posted June 12, 2011 i figured the 12v on the meter was you measuring the yellow constant. Quote
bre2ts Posted June 12, 2011 Author Report Posted June 12, 2011 i figured the 12v on the meter was you measuring the yellow constant. yea i had a major brain fart this morning trying to figure this out... idk what happened but glad i eventually smartened back up. i do complex wiring at work almost every day, troubleshooting, tracing and rewiring of aircraft equipment but yet this morning i was an idiot. being on leave is getting to me Quote Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
Supercharged DCs Posted June 12, 2011 Report Posted June 12, 2011 I was going to suggest checking your fuses, but I figured you were experienced enough to have done that already. Oh well, we all have our brain farts Quote Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.