I was going to suggest checking your fuses, but I figured you were experienced enough to have done that already. Oh well, we all have our brain farts :)

i think being on leave is getting to me... forgetting the simple shit i do everyday... i have 2 more weeks before i go back to work hopefully i can still read and write by than

you win some, you lose some

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using my little Sandisk drive with mine.

Yes it is slow but if you hook it up and let it sit for a few minutes, it seems like it is loading the info off of it.

I just let mine sit for 2-3 minutes before I touch anything and it helps some but doesn't cure the problem.

The next step for me is to call the manufacture about it. I was wanting to use a 350gig WD Passport with mine but if it is going to be a pain in the ass I won't waste my money.

It does suck :(

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I have been using my little Sandisk drive with mine.

Yes it is slow but if you hook it up and let it sit for a few minutes, it seems like it is loading the info off of it.

I just let mine sit for 2-3 minutes before I touch anything and it helps some but doesn't cure the problem.

The next step for me is to call the manufacture about it. I was wanting to use a 350gig WD Passport with mine but if it is going to be a pain in the ass I won't waste my money.

It does suck :(

yea i have an extra wd passport that i was going to use but if its that slow with a 16gb flash drive then it would take forever to use a hd

you win some, you lose some

I may take my large HD that plugs into the wall out to see if its faster but not for a few hours.

Just woke up and cranky :(:nea:

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I may take my large HD that plugs into the wall out to see if its faster but not for a few hours.

Just woke up and cranky :(:nea:

its almost 10 at night and your now waking up?!?! LOL jp

LOL its just now pushing 9am here fool :rofl:

Terryswork001.png

Get a faster flash drive. I use a 32gb Corsair Flash Voyager GTR. It's one of the fastest on the market. But there are faster ones that cost more mula, of course.

That was one of the reasons I got rid of my CDA-117. Not because it was slow itself, but because after I started navigating my ipod on my friend's AVH-P4300DVD, I got hooked to being able to search alphabetically, and with a bigger screen.

Anyway, I noticed with my CDA-117, that my ipod was a lot faster than hard drives or transflash cards. So that let me know that it isn't necessarily the head unit that's slow, but the media you connect to it. That is, Alpine specifically designed that head unit for ipods, so you're better off getting an ipod.

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator