Sonic Electronix

Hello All,

So I'm pretty new here to car audio being 3 years with my second system and I would like to upgrade to something better. This is what I currently have so far:

Alpine MRP-1000 (Amp)

Boston Acoustics Spg in the H.O custom box (Subwoofer)

Kenwood Kiv-BT900 (Deck)

S.S Super Sport 400.1 (Speaker Amp)

HertZ Dieci (Front dash Tweeters)

HertZ Dieci (Door 6x9's)

Stock Infinity (Rear Door 6.5")

So what I have so far is a 1000 watt subwoofer system with a however much the amp actually puts out system. I would like to upgrade both but I dont know what route to take for either. I would like to add another woofer and another 1000 watts so I have 1000 going to each sub making it a 2000 watt system. I've been reading that DC is a very good company for subwoofers and I am looking to have a budget of like $1500 to spend on subs and maybe 600 to spend on speakers. Now what would I need to power these subwoofers and speakers? So if someone could help me out that would be just great. I am also very interested In doing the hair trick however much you of an rms you need to accomplish that. The car I drive is a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and has space for two 12's, two 15"s or one 18" subwoofer. I would like something that no one else has and everyone around where I live has either the following brands and including speakers. Alpine, JL Audio, Pioneer, Beyma, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Polkaudio, Hertz, Audison, Morell, Kenwood, Powerbass, JVC, ect. Something like Orian, FI Audio, Sundown Audio I really like or anything I know no one around here has or heard of.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

How's your electrical?

If you want to upgrade to 2000 watts, you should do a big 3 wiring upgrade and look into a better battery; that is, if you're still using your stock battery.

You don't necessarily have to get 2 amps and 2 subs for a 2000 watt system. You could do a single 2000 watt amp setup. but it's your choice.

DC makes great equipment.

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

im curious as to what the point of this thread is, seeing how your sig says "coming soon" and says youre getting 2 BTL 15's and RF 2500 CP's

sounds like youve got it figured out, so im just confused is all :shrug:

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

im curious as to what the point of this thread is, seeing how your sig says "coming soon" and says youre getting 2 BTL 15's and RF 2500 CP's

LOL.. You're also sleepy. I'm not the OP.

Edited by Monergist

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

LOL.. You're also sleepy. I'm not the OP.

hahaha, wooow, yeah i fail. and sadly, i wasnt sleepy. if i was, id be asleep. which i wish i was. just in need of sleep i guess my alarm is set to go off in 15 minutes to wake me up so i can go to work. this website keeps me up too much lol

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

How's your electrical?

If you want to upgrade to 2000 watts, you should do a big 3 wiring upgrade and look into a better battery; that is, if you're still using your stock battery.

You don't necessarily have to get 2 amps and 2 subs for a 2000 watt system. You could do a single 2000 watt amp setup. but it's your choice.

DC makes great equipment.

I am in the process of doing the The Big Three upgrade but I have to save up to get the money to get the wire and the new battery terminals. Also what Battery do you suggest I get to put under the hood? As for the single 2000 watt amp I looked at my local audio shop awhile back at least 7 months ago they said I could go with the Alpine Mrp-2000 Watt amp here is the link MRP-M2000But when I went back more recently they had told me that I could go with a better amp an Arc Audio amp here is the link Arc Audio Amp What from DC would be good?

well you just sell what you got and start fresh :yahoo:

1.AQ3500D.1 Amplifier $799.00

2.HDC315-A Aluminum Coil Subwoofer $330.00

1.AQ4X90 Amplifier $229.00

tot $1,689.00

I'm not good in pricing anything that I own or owned. Thats not a bad price but is there a cheaper way or am I going to spend 1500+? Or could I buy another of the same amp that I own and use it to power both subs? Alpine came out with this amp recently here is the link MRX-M100The amp puts out 1000 watts rms at 2 ohms now would that work for the HDC315-Aluminum Coil or am I going to have to buy that AQ3500D.1? Any amp that will do the job but at a lower price? Budget System ftw even though I said 1500-2000 budget I'm looking for the cheapest lol.

Now how about speakers? Anyone want to give any suggestions for speakers?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Anyone at all that can provide anymore info? Please I would like all the help and info I can get I am still learning about this. Car audio is come to be a big thing in my life that makes me happy.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Also what Battery do you suggest I get to put under the hood?

What from DC would be good?

Now how about speakers? Anyone want to give any suggestions for speakers?

I use XS Power batteries, but there's also Kinetik, Optima, Deka, Stinger, Shuriken, etc. It's your choice, and it depends on what you can fit.

DC has a good 2000 watt amp.

I used to use Infinity for speakers, but now I use Audison/Hertz. Depends on what you're looking for.

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

Monster XLN-201 RCAs