Sundown Audio

clamped my amp. aq3500.1d

fox_racin4

How does your voltage go that low with a 425a alt and that many group 31's? Ive got a Crescendo bc3500 and all i have is an ebay "Hi Amps" 165 amp alternator, a yellow top in front, normal car battery in back, big 3, and one positive run and i stay in the low 14's to high 13's

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

How does your voltage go that low with a 425a alt and that many group 31's? Ive got a Crescendo bc3500 and all i have is an ebay "Hi Amps" 165 amp alternator, a yellow top in front, normal car battery in back, big 3, and one positive run and i stay in the low 14's to high 13's

maybe you have it wired differently than he does?

if he wired it to .175 or some ungodly low ohm load, it could pull tons of amperage, im willing to bet if you clipped the shit out of the amp, and put it super low ohm load, it could pull 400a easy

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Not sure really... im stilll not sure why it drops that low, i think it should bearly drop at all. im gunna go over all my grouns and such tomorrow

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

You should swap the yellowtop to the trunk. It's not good to have wet batteries inside the cabin/trunk.

On topic, 400w at 3 ohms sounds really low :ehh:

Voltage drops for music and for burps are totally different stories.

The reason i say that is because drops for burps are not " low 1Xs to high 1Xs" Generally drops derived from burps are much more precise. So i am assuming that you don't know your drop on burps.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

You should swap the yellowtop to the trunk. It's not good to have wet batteries inside the cabin/trunk.

On topic, 400w at 3 ohms sounds really low :ehh:

In the front meaning under the hood. And as long as a battery is sealed it can be in the cabin safely, wet dry gel doesn't really matter.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

so, i clamped my amp last week..

AQ3500.1d ( new one ) starting at .7 at 30hz rose to 2.2 ohm made 26XXrms 35hz same number basically then, at 45hz i rose to 3ohm and made 946rms.

now, 946rms at 3ohm sounds a bit "low on power" to me? i also peak at 46hz if that helps

Yeah the second number sounds wrong. An eight tenths of an ohm won't drop you from "26XX"w to 946w

Actually at 30hz u your to 2ohm an made 2580 watts, an 45hz rose to 2.9 an made 396 watts!

what the fuck did you just say?

:rofl:

i would be willing to go with your math was wrong, or something LOL. Especially if you are getting that much at 2 ohms.. .9 wont make it that low from what you had before.

this

In the front meaning under the hood. And as long as a battery is sealed it can be in the cabin safely, wet dry gel doesn't really matter.

Yeah that's what I was saying lol. Instead of the YT up front (outside) and the wet one inside, I'd switch em. Either way, sealed or not, I'd rather have a dry batt in the car with me. :shrug:

Archived