Second Skin Audio

New Box in and Playing

Hotdog

New Box is in and playing.. now that I have 4 15's and a proper port things are louder and a lot more flex. I am finding rattles I never knew I had. For those that do not know I had 2 15's and 2 12's playing off a t40001bd and and was doing 148.1db sealed on the dash.

My old box both chambers were tuned to 38hz and my vehicle peaked at 44/45hz on the TL. This new box is tuned to 43hz and I am hitting the lows better then when I was tuned at 38hz. and the higher frequency bass is a lot harder now too.

Cant wait to get this on the meter :) I am hoping to get that 150 mark but knowing my luck it will be like 149.8 or something.

RockfordSpecBox.jpg

2011-06-11202902.jpg

lets see some vids. i know what you mean about not hitting that mark. we had a guy at the midwest spl show in topeka a few weeks back. he came in saying he was hellbent on hitting the 160 mark. he came close. on i believe his last run he hit a 159.8 we all felt his pain.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

I try to get vids by this weekend.. I got some massive dash and radio flex going on now. I definitely know its louder then before but only the meter will know. I believe there is a show coming up on the 26th so I will have it metered there.

kinda cramming 10lbs of shit into a 5 lb bag arent ya? lol. I mean, you're at the BARE minimum on space, that's 3 cubes per 15, BARE minimum on port area. I think you would score higher with a better designed box? idk :peepwall:

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

kinda cramming 10lbs of shit into a 5 lb bag arent ya? lol. I mean, you're at the BARE minimum on space, that's 3 cubes per 15, BARE minimum on port area. I think you would score higher with a better designed box? idk :peepwall:

Actually more then recommended. Rockford specs on them are 2.5ft^3 per Sub and I am at 3ft^3 per sub. The xmax on these subs are not that much so they dont require a lot of volume. Same reason why the port area is on the low side of Torres calculator. Rockford tech suggested 120-140 on port area and I used the upper end at 140.

Actually more then recommended. Rockford specs on them are 2.5ft^3 per Sub and I am at 3ft^3 per sub. The xmax on these subs are not that much so they dont require a lot of volume. Same reason why the port area is on the low side of Torres calculator. Rockford tech suggested 120-140 on port area and I used the upper end at 140.

hmm... Good idea. I'm doing a build right now for a friend in a blazer. Were using about 4 cubes per 15. I might try and size it down and see how it sounds.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

hmm... Good idea. I'm doing a build right now for a friend in a blazer. Were using about 4 cubes per 15. I might try and size it down and see how it sounds.

Remember the xmax on a DC 15" is damn near double the Xmax on the old school Rockford power dvc's. Dc's are going to displace a shit ton more air then mine that is why the box volume and port volume goes up. I called Rockford tech line and talked to the guy about these old school subs explained what I was doing and how much power and he gave me the port area and box volume to use. I used up every little bit of space i had to stay below the seat line per Meca rules.

Archived