Wiring Parrallel 2 Batteries.

I have a optima Yellow top Battery, and a stock battery, i was reading about how to do split charge and then i found out that you could wire them in parrallel.

Is this safe to do? and how basic is it? Do i just run a Positive cable from the fron battery and then run wires from the optima in the back to the amps?

what gauge wire would i need? currently got 2 runs of 4 gague for my amps coming from stock batt.

i have the stock battery under the hood and planning of putting the optima yellow top in the boot, please would any one care to explain as to how i would go on about doing this?

thanks alot!

thank you in advace!

yea, u just run positive to positive from the front to back battery (with a fuse at both ends, preferably, within 18" of each battery)....u can also run the grounds from front to back, or u can just ground each battery to the frame and no fuse is needed with the grounds (i personally run the grounds from the front to the back)...as far as the gauge of wire,i guess it depends on how much current ur pulling....the bigger the better imo...4 gauge is a good start...i would personally do 1/0 gauge cause that leaves room for upgrades :)

i likes me some audio stuff...

it's recommended that you keep the batteries alike but people get away with disalike batteries all the time.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

the only reason your supposed to have the same batts is so your alt will charge them all at the same time with the same current and voltage. different batts = diff amps mang. no big deal though just do what you can for now and start saving for more later.

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages

To an Extent , yes. The weakest battery is just that, weak. The newer battery will try to charge the weakest battery and in turn will equalize to each other.

Other things to do.

FUSE THEM!

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

not really all weak. it's just that the strongest and highest amperage batts won't ever get fully charged and the smaller amp batts get overcharged to a degree due to their lower current resistance

Edited by bassINyoFACE

I got banned for being an ignorant ass....and im a dickhole

i like men, michael jackson and large sausages