Second Skin Audio

design help for 4 L5 12's

I was just wondering if I could get some opinions on building a box/box's for 4 08 s12 L5 4ohm subs

Not sure if I should make one large box like 16 cubes, with like 150" port, or make a box with 4 seperate chambers and ports, maybe even 2 boxes with 1 chamber each and 1 port each, I just don't know... please help and give some advise as to what I should go with, any and all boxes are appreciated

Those subs get loud with 2 cubic feet and 4" aero per sub, i haven´t try slot port on them, but i would build something like 8-10 cubic feet and 115-140SQ of port, just saying...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

just to post in the more active thread

7ft

100'' of port

tuned to 35 or 32hz

subs up port back

and I actually have experience with kickers l series subs

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

So do i, i got better results wth 2 c/f and single 4" Aero per sub, i´m talking about the L5 , the L7´s well , i don´t have much experience with them, what about those korey? you use bigger port area or what? :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Thnks for the input. The 10 cubes with 140" of port, would you fire the subs on top and port on side twards the hatch or put port and subs on same side firing twards the hatch? And what would that box be tuned at? 10 cubes might be a hair small unless that's after displacement? And would you happen to have a design for that box?

Thnks for the input. The 10 cubes with 140" of port, would you fire the subs on top and port on side twards the hatch or put port and subs on same side firing twards the hatch? And what would that box be tuned at? 10 cubes might be a hair small unless that's after displacement? And would you happen to have a design for that box?

Subs up port back

It's 10 net

Port is 2cube if u tune @34hz it will b 22long

Just add in any bracing u add to the box

Gross 12.68+ bracing

If you are ever satisfied, sounds like you gave up... Never Satisfied ~Team Ns~

Subs up port back

It's 10 net

Port is 2cube if u tune @34hz it will b 22long

Just add in any bracing u add to the box

Gross 12.68+ bracing

48w

17h

33.5d

=13.35cube

Port

151/2 high

91/8 wide