Sundown Audio

Opinions...

littleitaly1990

We are discussing it via pm but I will post what I said here:

Tell me Y I blew one of My xxx's in a damn near perfect box, Unclipped (checked the amp with an O-scope loaded and unloaded) with only 1700 watts? The box was 9 cubes b4 displacement the first port was3x19x7, second one was 5x19x9. I also said that greg from RE (the shops rep) said it was a power issue and he said that if the subs require a minimum of 2k on the power side. I have been doing this a while but if you can tell me please let me know.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Guest MegaloManiac

wow, your either stupid or just an idiot.

We are discussing it via pm but I will post what I said here:

Tell me Y I blew one of My xxx's in a damn near perfect box, Unclipped (checked the amp with an O-scope loaded and unloaded) with only 1700 watts? The box was 9 cubes b4 displacement the first port was3x19x7, second one was 5x19x9. I also said that greg from RE (the shops rep) said it was a power issue and he said that if the subs require a minimum of 2k on the power side. I have been doing this a while but if you can tell me please let me know.

Everyone Thinks they are a Know it all, it amazes me what these youngsters (with no real experience) will say or believe, Im just gonna Ignore the Idiots from now on.

you know what, NEVERMIND; believe what you want and do what you want

I tried not to be a dick, at per Davids request, i simply wrote that i am pm'ing roscoe so he can acknowledge that he has a pm, i thought i came off respectable for doing that. Then i wrote why i dont agree for littleitaly1990 and then david comes on here acting like a COMPLETE DICK for no apparent reason.

I am goin to go play some Halo3 now to cool off.

No reason to run off just prove me wrong! I just want an answer to how I blew a perfectly good sub in a damn near perfect box with an unclipped signal with only 1700 watts on a 2k rated sub???????

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Guest MegaloManiac

you came off as a dick by sayin what ya did, actin all high and migty. dont like it?? good stop acting like a know it all.

no, i posted that because the board seems to be having notification issues, i wanted roscoe to know he has pm, nobody was trying to act all high and mighty here. as far as "youngsters" goes, just cause you are older gives you the ability to defy physics? :blink: have you ever had a sub/speaker blown from an unclipped clean signal underpowered in the proper enclosure?

roscoe how long did it take to blow it?

honestly i can see what megalo is saying, and i understand why he said what he said, as honestly if what he says isnt whats wanted to be heard then its Ban time. hence why i havent argued this point.

its not the power thats blowing it, its the clipped signal but as always whatever everyone does what they do and thats it.

Archived