hi every one i have a toyota cressdia 92 i have a 1jz gte under the hood ...

twin turbo new exhaust and intercooler piping ( high quality made )

after removeing the twin turbos i realize it was really a pain in da .AAA and im going be removein the twin turbos every year ...

if im willin to have the car registerd every year

so i said i'd move to a single turbo which is easier to remove and install .... but the problem is my buddy said

the exhaust system is 3.5 inch and i have a HKS HI Power muffer at the end

so he said if im goin install a single turbo its goin be really noisey and loud cuz of the headers

u have a 3.5inch and ur goin to match 3.5 to the turbo headers

thats like really full racein type voooorm voooorm sound

hes like if ur willin to do that i have to remove the hks muffer off and just have a normal stock exhaust ( of my old cressdia which really looks ugly )

but yea i was wondering if there is any way to go around this haveing a single turbo with a hks hi power muffer

i heared of something like a filter which u can put in da exahust to decrease the sound

so yea i dont know much about cars and all i just read a bit and i get my thang together and thats about it i thought i'd ask u smart ppl down here :P

You could always put a resonator on the exhaust that would help reduce noise! But if you already have a 3 1/2" exhaust the noice wont change that much!

The only thing you need to remember is the crossover piping from one header to the other to run a single turbo! Plus going from twins to a single, youre gonna want to run a larger turbo, so not to lose performance!

When you look at everything youre gonna need to do, the one weekend to remove and install the twins is better than spending another 6k on a single turbo swap!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Going to a single turbo can be a good idea. its easy fast and its not hard to tune it correctly and reach max power. But if u switch the exhaust bak to stock you will loose about 30-40% of the power your getting from that turbo. 3.5 inch tubing is big and will be hard to muffle the noise. Id recommend taking it to a tune shop and have them gut your stock muffler and.replace the insides with a more free flowing setup. It will be alottttt more quiet but will deliver the same amount of power (also they cant tell its after .market at referee stations). If you go to a single turbo look up the turbo graphs that best suit your motor, getting a bigger turbo will look cool but you will expierience bad boost lag and not be able to reach the max power that turbo can produce. Make sure to get your pcm tuned after your modification.

Fuck warning points.

your buddy is an idiot. your current exhaust will be fine with the single turbo.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...