Sonic Electronix

IMO it has to do with the type of music you listen too. If you listen mostly to rap then no you probably don't need it but if you like a lot of rock and heavy metal then I can fully understand why you might want to boost your bass using the bass boost on your amp.

It is just an EQ function. Use it the same as if you where using treble to brighten up your tweeters.

A good 6db of boost at 45 hertz should be enough to liven up your bass in songs that lack bass but not enough boost that you should have to worry to much about damaging anything.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I'm confused. You say bass boost but mention the bass knob. They are different. Try setting your gains with the knob all the way up and then retune. OR, remove the bass knob and see if your bass hits. As for bass boost on the amp, I don't mess with it.

Yes the Bassboost knob on my mono, I have it turned half way up, 12 o clock.

The gain knob is set up properly, the mono is not clipping, nor the sub. My HU out is 2v.

What I mean is, even with the Gain knob set up properly on the monoblock with flat EQ on the HU, the sub is not hitting like it should. But as fast I boost the "sub level" on my HU, the sub starts hitting more, and when I turn up the Bassboost knob on my mono, the sub is hitting like it's supposed to do. I can't hear with my ears any distortion coming out of it, at loud volyme.

I've a bassremote in my car, I can turn the Bassboost all the way down, like the mono came at stock. But then I wont get the shake effect in my car.

EDIT: isn't what steve Meade uses when he boosts his 18's?

I've a bassremote in my car, I can turn the Bassboost all the way down, like the mono came at stock. But then I wont get the shake effect in my car.

EDIT: isn't what steve Meade uses when he boosts his 18's?

Man you have been sorely confused.

Rockford Fosgate is the only company that makes amplifiers with a bass boost knob that can be mounted up in the dash.

RF is what Meade uses and what I use and a lot of other guys on this forum.

What is the difference than what you have unless you are running RF amps?

All the other companies use a dash mounted level control that works in conjunction with your gain setting on your amp.

You are supposed to adjust your gain on the amp with that knob turned all the way up. So that knob doesn't boost anything. It is designed to turn things down.

If you read your manual for your amp it should have an explanation of how to set up your dash mounted level control.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Terryswork001.png

The subwoofer volume control that is built into you H/U is supposed to be turned all the way up when you adjust your gains on the sub amp.

That is what allows the proper amount of voltage to be sent to your amps and you should not mess with it until you have your amps and bass knob adjusted properly.

EDIT: Since you probably can't hear the distortion in your subs check the cone for warm to hot feeling on the woofer cone after you have been pounding on them for a little while at the loudness you seem to like.

Warm to hot means you are clipping the amp too hard and you are in danger of blowing your subs.

Terryswork001.png

If you need to use BB, you need more power :)

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

When you tuned your amp, what amplitude wave did you use? if you used a 0dB tone, that is why your bass is lackluster. If you listen to boosted music, such as Decaf's stuff, set your gains with a -4dB to -5dB tone. if you listen to non boosted music, you may be safe with as much as a -10dB tone, though I personally don't recommend using anything less than a -8dB tone.

Edit: And by 'The gain knob is set up properly' do you mean that you set your amp using a scope? Cuz if not, and it wasn't with the DD-1, then (being that it doesn't have a clipping light) it's not set properly.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Archived