so i was driving today and noticed my brake pedal was going further to the floor then normal. i went to stop at a stop sign and thats when i noticed that i had no brakes. i then drove it the remaining 2 blocks to my dads house. (i was going there anyway) after the research ive done it seems that a brake line has a leak. its leaking pretty rapidly under the driver rear tire and theres the metal brake line that is very wet. (pic below) now i have a good shop by my house only problem is its 15 miles away and theres no way im making it home without crashing. im just curious how much it would be to replace a new brake line. (if thts the problem) i just dont want to get screwed by a shop ive never been to before. any help would be amazing.ee089a97.jpgfbf4b288.jpghope thosepictures can help some

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

well if you have a brake line flare tool, the brake lines are really cheap, i mean were talking like 3-4 dollar for a 3 or 4 foot piece, and then the fittings are another couple dollars, so if you have the tool, or access to one, it could be a 10 dollar fix and maybe 30 minutes if you've never done it before, its pretty simple actually.

Edited by curtdakota

i wouldnt mind trying to fix it myself (no experence) but this is my trucks brakes. i dont wanna take a risk and still have the problem. next time there can be a kid in front of me ya know. im just trying to get a feel for what people thing the prob is and what a shop will charge to fix it. i guess it all depends where the leak is. which idk where it is i dont even know how to check. plus im back home and the car is still at my dads house

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

With the brakes lines rusted that bad you'll want to run all new line to the back or it will find another place to leak from before too long again, most auto shops carry various sizes and lengths of brake line so you may have to get a couple of pieces to go the full length of the car from the master cylinder to the back. Doing it isn't all that bad or hard to do but you will want to measure several times or even pull the old one off and take that up with you so it can be measured. You'll need a brake line tube bender and some other tools to do it and if you don't have them the auto store will usually carry them, some even have free tool rental so you'll want to ask and see.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

ight ima see what prices are online to get an idea. idk if im gonna try it since where the car is there is literilly no room to work. ill prob call/stop by other car shops to get a general idea. but it deff is the brake line? like i heard it might be the master cylender what ever that is. sorry i know nothing about car mechanics.

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

yeah, i agree with you not doing it yourself then, if your not even sure what a master cylinder is then your probably better off to bring it to a shop and have them fix it.

and yeah just going by the pictures mind you, it definatly does look like its the brake line thats bad

Edited by curtdakota

yeah, i agree with you not doing it yourself then, if your not even sure what a master cylinder is then your probably better off to bring it to a shop and have them fix it.

and yeah just going by the pictures mind you, it definatly does look like its the brake line thats bad

yea exctly nd ill admitt i have no bussness changeing anything to do with brakes...but this really makes me want to learn how to fix cars lol

edit: ok now i know what to tell the shops when i ask them...thanks a lot everybody. mind you it wasent the first time my breaks went out on me....old car was POS lol

Edited by bignickk

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas