Second Skin Audio

Working out a 6th order tuning. New design Page 2

nCOMP1337

I'd tune te front hugher

Yes, tune it hugher :P

I like that design, i have an old box for 2 12´s that i could rebuild and do something like this for 2 10´s, i might even copy your design hehe, so i´m tuned in :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I'd tune te front hugher

Yes, tune it hugher :P

I like that design, i have an old box for 2 12´s that i could rebuild and do something like this for 2 10´s, i might even copy your design hehe, so i´m tuned in :)

no worries, id be happy to give you the original sketch up file if you can use sketch up

I have it, but i don´t know how to use it lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

do you think you could send me the file? i really like the idea of the box.

yea, the current file is the second set of images i posted, where i posted the torres calculations, the one with 3 aero ports

pm me your email and i can send it, though it appears i have some editing to do to the design, so i if you want to wait til tuning is better i can send you the file then

or i can send you bother files, dont matter to me

also, i did some reading and i found a few places that showed equations and certain t/s parameters that can help determine how to build the box for the sub i want to use, can anyone else verify which t/s specs are important and how i may use them to hel=p with tuning and such

Alright... 6th orders are not something I dive into often, but... Based on talking to a few people who run 6th orders and lots of power, and still have intact woofers:

Use between 1:1 and 1:1.5 ratio for net volume between Rear to Front chamber, and the rear chamber should have roughly the net volume that they recommend for the woofer in a sealed enclosure.

You can use a simple 2:1 ratio for tuning, so if the rear chamber is tuned to 30Hz, tune the front one to about 60Hz.

And because you are dealing with two chambers and two sets of ports, you will want to use one large port for each section with the port area you need, rather than multiple smaller ports in order to reduce your chance of port noise.

If you want to get into making 6th orders, your best bet is to start small and make a bunch of different boxes and see what yields the best response, noting what changes you made and what results you got from those changes. Then eventually start making them with more woofers and more power and you should get the hang of it. The best way to learn with bandpass boxes is though experience.

Edit: I have almost no experience with these personally, I'm just stating what I've heard from others. Check with more skilled people on here that run 6th orders first, like Sanitarium or lunchbox.inc

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

thanks for more input everyone

i thought about moving the aero ports tpo the opposite end, and making that a slot port as well to appropriate tuning

and minimize port noise of course

i edited the first post, because i now know what design it is, so i changed thread title, and i also edited the design again, anymore feedback is appreciated

Archived