Second Skin Audio

Where should i tune?

So my buddy just bought a single sundown sa-8(hes not big on heavy bass) for his f350. Im gonna build a 1ft^3 box but i dont know a good tuning freq. He doesnt listen to rap at all, just country and classic rock. Where would be a good tuning range where i can give him a good response throught his listening tastes?

Thanks

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

music taste don't matter, I hate when people use that as an excuse to not tune their system right.

which way are you doing it sub forward port drivers side? if that's what your doing I'd tune right around 35hz, if your firing up tune around 37hz, and back around 40hz

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Its going behind the backseat, the f350s have this crap ass fold out steel footrack under the seat welded to the floor that he refuses to cut out since its a newer truck. So we have to build a pyramid style box. So the sub will be firing forward into the seat. Im still debating on doing a slot port or aero ports firing up? Any input?

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

I'd tune right around 33hz then, firing into the seat will load the subs but the ports pointing up raise the F3 so you will need to tune lower to get same sound

I'd go right at .75 tuned at 33hz with single 3'' areo port

I really suggest porting to driver side if you can though

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Raise the fb you mean.

Id fire the port sideways to the pass side

Sub forwards towards the seat tuned to 36hz .9 after. 3" aero should do just fine.

Still lmfao at port aiming changing f3.

Im sure you meant fb, so all good.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Fs f3 fb fuh q. F your mom.

I hear ya.

Just fyi, i had port up work 1 time in that truck.

Was 4 8's. Every other time side fire hold the box short about 7" kills.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

all of my pickup boxes have been seat out so I can only use stuff I learned from other cars to try and figure out how to arrange it

mcintoshsigz.png

Archived