'91 Civic Hatch | (1)15" on 500 watts 31Hz | Low Power Bigger Output

Since we last talked I put some electrical tape on the copper lugs on my fuses to help with protection. Seems to be working fine. I also have some unfortunate news, my left side speaker mounts cracked so it fell off today lol.

20131028_161648_zps879c2ddc.jpg

20131028_161639_zps3de7c811.jpg

20131028_161705_zps8839fdb9.jpg

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Took a quick little vid. This car is getting pretty rattly, can't imagine this thing with some serious thump in it.

I can't figure out out to make it embed but here you go.

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/sparklz01/media/20131028_181300_zps3fd2ac45.mp4.html

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 1 month later...

Well, some unfortune news from friday. I began to have some transmission problems on the way to work. I had almost no trans fluid, fail on my part but that MIGHT be the cause. Put some in and is better somewhat, but still having problems. The car is automatic FYI, but when I drive it, normally 1st to 2nd is no problem. But going into 3rd will almost always have a problem. And from time to time, going into 2nd just doesn't want to happen. And I will be driving 35-40mph in 1st gear just screaming down the block lol. Was really looking at getting a Ninja ZX6r 636 over the winter, but until I figure out what I am doing as far as transportation to work and gym over the next few months. That is on hold. I am fortunate enough, that my best friend. The guy who got me into the gym and kept me there over the years. Is also the guy who got me the job I have now at UPS, and we actually work together, so carpooling is going to be no problem. Just need to figure out if I am going to need a vehicle for anything specific in the next few months.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 2 weeks later...

Bye bye clutch lol. Burnt it while driving the other day. Would have such a hard time shifting, then eventually got to the point where it wouldnt even leave 1st. Then it just started to not even engage and I would get no forward thrust. Reverse works good so I'll just back up to work until I burn that out! lol jk. This car is on hold for a while, I will end up probably pulling the system out because if it is to be kept and fixed. Come warm weather I will be working on new gear. I am fortunate enough to have a cool grandma. She said to me that as long as I am in school or working, she will give me her Ford Escape. 65k on it and great condition, tires are less than a year old too. I plan on starting school this semester as long as one of my programs I'm in goes through. Other than that I just started as a part time Supervisor at a UPS facility. The facility is actually the largest volume consildation hub UPS has. Pretty fucking crazy place but I'm loving it so far. She said that she will be getting a new car anywhere from February to March. I plan to put a system in that obviously, basshead for lyfe. When that happens, I will discontinue this project because my Daily will be the high priority. I will putting 2 15's if it fits, if not 2 12's in the escape. And I am trying to run around 3.5k. Would like to try and go for 5k, but that just seems like such a monster step up from 3.5k in just the amount of electrical I will need. Double the wire, bigger alt, few more batts. Big increase in the budget. I have lots of time to think about it though, so I am going to plan this thing to be perfect. Attack every angle and make it something to be proud of!

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 2 months later...

Well the bad boy was sitting in the garage for a while. And while it was in there every other day or so I would go listen to it for a few songs after work. I actually love it because while I am sitting there I can have the doors open, I have never heard some of these songs be so loud before. I had to pull it out of the garage though and park it outside, after I was down saw that I left a trail of trans fluid while trying to back up into my spot.

FB_IMG_13942367887854320_zpsbc73157d.jpg

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 2 months later...

This thing is officially no more. Pulled the entire system out. I recently got a new car, a 04 Ford Escape. I am going to put everything into this new car, while replacing the single IVX-15, with two brand new ones on a nice budget build. Going to wire the subs down to 1 ohm on my AQ750.1 to get the full power. This car was fun, and with it I learned everything I know now about sound systems, not that I know a lot. But much more than the next guy. This build is now over I guess, and once I start putting things in the new car, then I will start a new build log. For any that care to ask questions or comment on anything that happened in this build, feel free as I will still reply. I appreciate all those that checked this build out over the years and those that boosted my confidence with some awesome comments. I can't wait to put everything in the new car, especially with double the cone area on more power also.

For those that give a shit, The big build with the next car is going to be 2 15's on 5k(undecided on gear at this time). T1(or 2) component and coaxial sets off of SQ120.4 and if I can still find one, a AQ90.2.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm