Sundown Audio

Amp + Wiring ???

Ren504

I have a Hifonics BXi-2610d Amp. I would like to run 2 15" the new P2 by Fosgate. My Amp is rated for

850 watts x 1 @ 4 ohms

1700watts x 1 @ 2 ohms

2600watts x 1 @ 1 ohms

The subs are 4ohm dvc an rated 400 RMS. Is this to much amp for these subs an my amp is saying one channel but I see 2 -/+ speaker terminals. It's --/++ next to each other. How would I wire this up. Connect both subs @ 4 ohms ran to just one -/+ or each sub separate to a -/+. Thanks for any help!!

I have a Hifonics BXi-2610d Amp. I would like to run 2 15" the new P2 by Fosgate. My Amp is rated for

850 watts x 1 @ 4 ohms

1700watts x 1 @ 2 ohms

2600watts x 1 @ 1 ohms

The subs are 4ohm dvc an rated 400 RMS. Is this to much amp for these subs an my amp is saying one channel but I see 2 -/+ speaker terminals. It's --/++ next to each other. How would I wire this up. Connect both subs @ 4 ohms ran to just one -/+ or each sub separate to a -/+. Thanks for any help!!

Its going to have to be a series/parallel setup, and I think the terminals are internally wired in series.

Easiest way is probably to just connect them to a single terminal.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

So connect both subs together keeping them @ 4 ohms an use just one connect on the Amp?

Yeah that's what I'm trying not to do!!! Lol what I was saying is wire the subs @ a 4 ohm load the connect to amp?

Thank y'all!! I'm starting to get an understand things now. I left out the part about the voice coils but I got it.

Exactly.

So you'd wire the voice coils on each sub in parallel ( 4 * 4 / 8 ) thus bring each sub to a 2ohm load, then wire both subs in series, thus making it a 4 ohm total load.

That's kinda a weird way of calculating parallels. I mean, it works, just not the way I'm used to seeing it.

Archived