Sonic Electronix

I was wondering if anyone out there knew of any good audio shops in Eastern NC? There is one in Rocky Mount named Auto Phonics but they dont carry SPL meters or even have one. I was looking for a shop that knows what they are doing and doesnt mind answering a few beginner questions if i have any which im sure I will. I would really like to see how my system hits as far as db's but cant find anywhere around here to test it. Just would really like to learn all the info I can so I can pursue my hobby in audio. Something I really like and plan on getting into. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I dont have much of a budget to buy equipment on

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

where in eastern NC are you? I don't know who has a termlab but stereo town has a Audiocontrol mic. Mobile Millenia in Greenville is a pretty good shop (actually seen some custom work done by them,the rest i only seen them do basic rectangular sub box with amp bolted to some part of the car and stock speaker location type shit)

1997 crown vic police interceptor

headunit: avic x710bt

sub amp: powerbass xta 1500d

sub: fi 15" bl fully loaded

enclosure: 3.5 cubes @ 33hz firing through rear deck

mids/highs: crappy pioneer paper cone 6x9's and stock rears for now

mid/high amp:h/u power FTL

wiring: knuconceptz 1/0 memphis interterconnects

Well Im in Rocky Mount. We have "Auto Phonics" in town and the a place called "Wires Inc.". I am going probably tomorrow to talk to the technician/installer at Wires Inc. to see whats up there. Hope they got a better set up and maybe ill learn a lil bit while im there as i need to do. Auto Phonics here in town installs amps under back seats or to the side of the trunk and for their boxes usually if you get 2 subs its a single slot port between the 2 subs. Next time i go through Greenville ill have to check out Mobile Millenia.

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

I'm in Raleigh in school here and go back and forth between here and Charlotte. I know there are some places here in Raleigh near downtown and I know of a chain called "Freeman's" near Charlotte and surrounding areas. If you need further help, PM me.

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

@trj: I appreciate it. If I make a trip up to Raliegh ill have to remember to get those locations. Ill google up freemans and see what's up with them also

Edited by 252chevyboyz

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

We should get some people together for a meet somewhere in the area. I'm just south of Raleigh in Willow Spring, NC. I'd love to hear some other peoples systems around the area.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

Hell yes, I would def. do that. Id love to see your box billy, I have a pair of the same RE Audios, cept 15s

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

hit up team sundown Charles... i believe he has a meter and is located in greenville.... and actually there is a list of people on here who have one if that what Ur looking for... i live in raleigh...as well. so if u need anything lmk

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Freeman's is not in Raleigh, but Charlotte and it's surrounding counties like Huntersville.

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

There is a car show in Wilson at Wilson Stereo & Sound on July 2nd. It's the Wide Awake Auto Show and they will have a soundoff/competition there also. It would give people around the area a chance to hear other systems

My Selling Feedback

Build Log