Sonic Electronix

i didnt read all 5 pages so if its been said ill say it again

myth! subs need a break in period

I dont know some subs need alittle breaking in example I have heard the dc level 6 12 need to break in cause they are so stiff and they start smelling.

thats because they did not have enuff power for that massive sub... a sub cools its self from moving if its barly moving its barly cooling its self give me a lvl 6 and it will be moving from peak to peak out the gate i would also feed it like 14k tho

WHAT?!

is there something i said you don't understand????

if i feed xl's a 12k wy wouldnt i put 14k on a lvl 6? lol

Damn that's a lot of power, I figured it was a misprint haha. That power is for burping?

for both :peepwall:

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

av

To say clipping isn't the cause of ruined subs is like saying guns don't kill people, the bullets shot out of a gun kill people.

And just like a gun, in many situations a certain degree of clipping is alright, and even needed(Source). Like I said, a half truth at best. Here is an explanation of clipping if anyone is interested.

:facepalm:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I alwayse liked , o yea my cusin blew the windows out whit 2 10" or 2 12s as soon as I hear that I look right at them and say you sir are full of shit !!

i blew a window out with a fosgate 12 once on 1800 watts. the window was on the barn door of my truck that recently got crushed so the window wouldve fell out when i pulled away anyway. LOL

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

Smart ass is what most people already call me. Post when you do more than read and find your own real world results or how the law applies in reality. Thanks though :drink40:

Point being, clipping is responsible for many dead subs and amps. Posting links where people, who have experience, provide situations where clipping does not ruin their subs is a different matter entirely. Which would be obvious if you knew more about the properties and actions of distortion. It's like saying I know a guy who handles cobras who doesnt get bitten...and then saying cobras are harmless.

Clipping is not an immediate death, but is abuse which will eventually lead to the mechanical and thermal failure you referred to, time dependant on the degree of distortion and abuse. I can get much more technical but its friday night, I'm at a restaurant, and suffice it to say clipping killing subs IS NOT A MYTH.

Archived