Second Skin Audio

Can I use the same enclosure for the new Type-R model?

dwz

Hey guys! I just got my 12" Alpine SWR-1242D (dual 4ohm) swapped for the newer model 1243D. It has a shorter depth than the old one, and it can handle 600W/1800W as opposed to 500W/1600W!

But I built a custom box to Alpine specifications for the older one a while back. Except it's depth it longer just like in the NEW model's recommendations. I was wondering if that would still work well. From the looks of it, it does, but I don't wanna risk it. Here is a list of the recommended specifications.

compositesub.png

NOTE: THERES A TYPO. THE NEW SUB IS ACTUALLY A 1243D

Thanks guys, I'm stoked to hear it because I heard it has a better low frequency response. Gotta hear that Decaf....

it will work but alpines specs for boxes are not the best for the sub I've found out.

they like bigger boxes like around 2.5-3ft and try tuning lower 30hz range

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

HOLY SH** this new model sounds at least 2DB louder than the last version. OMG incredible. And it hits the lows way easier. BANGIN, it sounds more like a 15" now. AND IT LOVES THE LOWS!! WOO HOO!!

Archived