BMW 325i....back at it again.

How

I was driving to the store and bass just turned off. When i opened the trunk, amplifier was unmounted and it slide it to the side. The fuse on power wire was blown, so when i got home i changed it and mounted amp back where it was. Turned the music on and it was still not working, yet the green light was on. When i checked it again i saw smoke coming out of it.

any one know's why negative wire from subs melted?

Prolly grounded out, you said the amp was unmounted right? Was it possible for either the amp to hit that terminal? Or that terminal to touch the body?

amp was on top of the box and it stayed there. Sub terminals are on the side, so there is no way anything can touch them.

I was driving to the store and bass just turned off. When i opened the trunk, amplifier was unmounted and it slide it to the side. The fuse on power wire was blown, so when i got home i changed it and mounted amp back where it was. Turned the music on and it was still not working, yet the green light was on. When i checked it again i saw smoke coming out of it.

i dont understand what you mean by the amp slid to the side. could you take a pic? are the subs still good?

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Archived