Ok So my buddy just got his car and he has all these car audio parts around from his brothers build that he wants to put something together. he has an L7 in a box that he really does not want to get rid of so i will be building around this box for the 2 MTX 12's. All these boxes will be ported. Im thinkin of a 3 piece box design like this. If anyone has any tips or Suggestions let me know.

jerrysbox.jpg Image Hosting

as you can see the Black box is what i will be building around and i thought about doin two wedge boxes facin eachother and screwing them into the box for the L7. How doese this idea sound to you guys? AND if this is the plan we go with shoould i make the subs face through the rear seat or the trunk. Im also thinkin of doing an amp rack like this

amprack2.jpg Image Hosting

Edited by awall1022

lifted trucks gorgeous sluts a pretty face and slammin bass

My current Set up

Car less :(

I Do Ported Box designs/cutsheets with 3d google sketchup model just PM

i would really want an in-depth guide

Just flip the fucking thing over

Bad plan. A number of issues could and will arise from that setup. And dont mix subs, pick one or the other. that will bring up its own set of issues, But i would face you future (better) setup forward and seal it off from the trunk.

Rebuild Log with the SMD

CURRENT..

Honda Accord Coupe

Porsche Cayenne S

Lexus CT200

Lexus ES300 (sold)

99 Lexus RX 300 (sold)

ADDING

Honda - Hertz setup, more to come

Porsche - Fi BL, XS Power, more to come

coming soon..
peep the old rebuild log of the Lexus RX

it is certainly doable as long as the L7 has its own amp, and the mtx's have their own. an angled box design like you have will work as long as you have at least 1 cubic foot internal for each twelve and keep it sealed. you dont have alot of space from what I see, and the ports in your drawing are way too big.

What you need is one of the tech guys with all the gee wiz knowledge to explain the drawback to something like that. If you research it a little you will find some good reads. But just know that "doable" will more than likely sound like shit.

Rebuild Log with the SMD

CURRENT..

Honda Accord Coupe

Porsche Cayenne S

Lexus CT200

Lexus ES300 (sold)

99 Lexus RX 300 (sold)

ADDING

Honda - Hertz setup, more to come

Porsche - Fi BL, XS Power, more to come

coming soon..
peep the old rebuild log of the Lexus RX

well i told my buddy about how this wouldnt be the greatest idea but he doesnt seem to care. so we are goin ahead with the build i mean hey its his car he gets to do what he wants. I do plan on running the L7 on a seperate amp and i am gonna seal the angled boxes after seeing that a port just wont work easily. we are startin the build sometime this week when his car comes back from the shop he had a new tranny put in.

My current Set up

I'm not sure if you will get sub cancellation with that setup or not, but if that isnt a problem you should be fine. Mixing different subs and sub sizes are fine as long as the same subs are in their own/different box then the other brand and they are tuned slightly differently. For example if you tune the kicker at 30hz tune the others to 35 or so. That's how it goes for different sized subs so I would assume these rules still apply. You already said you're running them on separate amps which is a must. After all that, I believe you should be fine...but as I said, you MAY have cancellation and if this occurs it will sound like shit and fuck with your output. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can hop in and set things straight. Good luck. :drinks:

Well if do keep the boxes and subs and amp on there own set up build and learn you never know might just come across something that worked and looks different... Only way to learn is to ask and build from there... Good luck take pics and post away....have fun with the build

If you are ever satisfied, sounds like you gave up... Never Satisfied ~Team Ns~

What is he planning to achieve with that setup?

he doesnt plan on entering comps or anything he just has these subs and wants something that will bump so he asked if i would build boxs

My current Set up