Sundown Audio

2 ohms mono or 1 ohm stereo

corteznewbie

well here shortly my amp will be back from the repair shop. its the older autotek mm 4000.1d its rated at 4000 rms at 2ohm mono or 2000x2 rms at one ohm. so which way would be most

efficient on the charging system? i have a 180 amp alt and 2 agm batteries

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

well here shortly my amp will be back from the repair shop. its the older autotek mm 4000.1d its rated at 4000 rms at 2ohm mono or 2000x2 rms at one ohm. so which way would be most

efficient on the charging system? i have a 180 amp alt and 2 agm batteries

either way it puts out the same amount of power at 2ohms and 1ohm.. a 2ohm load would be more efficient on the amp.. but for your alt it should drain the same amount of amps.

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

on multi-channel amps, a 2 ohm mono load is the same as a 1ohm stereo load, hence the same power. one difference however, is in bridged mode, the amp is sending one channel signal to the drivers. in stereo mode, you're using both left and right channel signals,which with some material at any giving time, can be two completely different signals and or amplitudes.

an excellent example of that would be bass outlaws "stereo bass" track. one channel plays a certain note, while the other is doing something different.

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

on multi-channel amps, a 2 ohm mono load is the same as a 1ohm stereo load, hence the same power. one difference however, is in bridged mode, the amp is sending one channel signal to the drivers. in stereo mode, you're using both left and right channel signals,which with some material at any giving time, can be two completely different signals and or amplitudes.

an excellent example of that would be bass outlaws "stereo bass" track. one channel plays a certain note, while the other is doing something different.

^This. When you bride a 2 channel amp (I believe the MM 4000.1 is 2 MM 2000.1s internally strapped, so it works just like a 2 channel) each channel sees half the impedance. So either way you wire it, each channel will see 1 ohm nominal.

One thing to keep in mind is that if it is 2 2ks strapped internally you won't get stereo effect, cuz both amps will put out mono signal.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Archived