DC Sound Lab

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the actual name for the rubber glue because I ran out of it it and went to the store and they didn't know what it was and tried to sell me rubber cement.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

So what is the actual name for the rubber glue because I ran out of it it and went to the store and they didn't know what it was and tried to sell me rubber cement.

http://fixmyspeaker.com/ProductDetails.php?pid=11

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I used rubber glue

You need to use CA on the bolts, or at the bare minimum loctite the threads, rubber glue is just that, rubber which will stretch, turn, break if a screw loosens up.

Also you better sand/scuff up the spider landings, and surround landing, or else the CA glue, or rubber glue (even tho quality CA can be used for all) the glue wont properly adhere to the basket and you could risk having the sub come apart.

I was able to pull the spiders off the spider landing that were CA Glued on from a speaker a "Professional" speaker builder on this site built, due to him not correctly prepping the basket.......

Edited by Audiofanaticz

i use loctite self mixing 5 min epoxy for everything on my recones. Coat each landing and a coat on top of the spider perimeter and just press it down. The epoxy has a little more give than CA. I cant take full credit though matt matheson learned me that one =P

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

I used rubber glue

You need to use CA on the bolts, or at the bare minimum loctite the threads, rubber glue is just that, rubber which will stretch, turn, break if a screw loosens up.

Also you better sand/scuff up the spider landings, and surround landing, or else the CA glue, or rubber glue (even tho quality CA can be used for all) the glue wont properly adhere to the basket and you could risk having the sub come apart.

I was able to pull the spiders off the spider landing that were CA Glued on from a speaker a "Professional" speaker builder on this site built, due to him not correctly prepping the basket.......

Well fuck too late on scuffing shit up. Hopefully it holds up. And I was talking about a place I can go buy it I know I can order it from psi but then I gotta wait for it.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

I tried hobby lobby. And they didn't have it iono where else to go lol.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png