06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Yeah. Follows the same as a USB is. A regular USB will only work with a 8-9 foot cable I believe. Too much voltage drop. It's not 12 volts so when only running say 5 volts and low amperage that 8 foot is like a mile. Sucks though. Was hoping it worked out for you.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

It still might. I'm working getting the pinout. There's a guy who's gonna help me and see if we can get it to work. I'll report back as I get more info. I'm actually running a 16' usb cable for the Bit One, or did in the last set up, so I can adjust it up front with my laptop. No problems. But I get what you're saying. We'll see what we can find.

nice job man!! nice n clean.

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

Let the hiccups begin but not to fret Scooter always knows what to do but in regards to the voltage from a USB that only applies to something needing power via the USB. The reason the Bit One has no issues is because it has its own separate power source in the back but while typing this I think I just answered the question of voltage drop from the face plate a separate power source may be your ticket to getting this done.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Yea, I just posted this over on another thread:

I get that' date=' and thanks, but I just cut off the 10" giving me the 3.5 cause it wasn't working. So I figure I have to be closer to 3' for it to work.

However, that being said, I'm getting a lot of people, the majority, over at MP3.com saying that Cat 5, 6, 7 wire will be better and will probably give me better results.

I think I'm going to go ahead and order another set of connectors so I can re solder using that stuff, as well as, making a 3rd harness to see about powering the face plate by itself. I shouldn't have an issue with data traveling the longer distances, but it's the limited power I think that's the problem. So I'm not done yet, I'm going to try a couple more things before I'm done and settle on the dash for this. I'll post more when I have more.

Thanks guys![/quote']

This is what I'm going to be doing. I'll get it ordered to day, along with the cable, and then we'll see where it gets me. I still need to find the pin out schematics for the CDA-9886 face plate so I know what is what. I'll keep searching. Again, I think I've said this before, I doubt Alpine will be willing to give up this information. But I guess I could always ask.

Yea they emailed me back and said it had all the parts blown up and pinouts etc. So I'm gonna pick it up.

Sorry, to answer your question, yes I probably could. I'm not that great with a multimeter, but I'm learning. Have to if I'm doing this type of stuff right?!

Hey man, your progress looks great on the car. I just looked though all 57 pages. I wanted to drop you a quick note to tell you about the aluminum you just got. I just did the same thing on one of my projects. I use the same blade I use for MDF to cut my aluminum. You just have to go slow and not get your material too hot. Then I run it on an 80 grit belt sander to get rid of the saw marks. Of course, be sure to wear protective gear. Hot aluminum doesnt feel good on any part of your body. You can see this in action on my thread:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/132918-still-just-having-fun/page__fromsearch__1

I haven't finished the polishing process, but you should get the idea.

I hope you find it helpfull. I love the challenges you're taking on with this. Nice work! If I can be of any help, feel free to ask.

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

hey guys, would a "service Manual" give me the pinout for the face plate? If so it'd be worth the 15.00 but I don't wanna get it if it won't give me the info I need.

Look for a Local Service Center in your area that works on your radio. Call them and see if you can speak with a Tech. He should be able to answer you question before spending the money.

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

Archived