06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

THAT'S IT! I've officially lost my GOD DAMNED MIND!!!! :ehh::trippy::santa:

:rofl: at that, You just realized that??? Dude, I thought you knew you lost your mind a few pages back :lol:. I take it since christmas is approaching and you will have some time off we will be getting a glimpse of what all of your madness has led up to. Am I right?

Happy Holiday's :santa:

:shrug: Ya kinda knew that already, just kind of gets worse from time to time. :rofl:

Well I will in fact have some time off the week of Christmas. However, this madness will not, most likely reveal by then in appears. But I will in fact get some stuff done. Most likely the tablet will get worked on, the front stage will get worked on, and some test boxes will get built. Yes, I'm very much looking forward to that week of building!

I'm sure that this plan will reveal sooner rather than later. But it's gonna be at least a couple of days until that happens now. I thought I was gonna have a big sale here and then in return the reveal, but it already fell through.

Soon folks! Very soon!

I have a question for you guys! Do you guys see any issues with running a sub which is dual 4ohms, off of a 4 channel amp that's bridged at 4 ohms and giving out 500 watts each channel? That would put out 1000 watts for the sub. Crossover is bypassable, which is good cause I'm using the Audison Bit One Processor for tuning. I'm just wondering, aside of tuning and making sure they're equal watts (this is where the DD-1 comes in), would there be any other issues with it?

Aside from the fact that 4 channel amps are typically Class A/B and don't put out the same kind of low power frequency as a subwoofer amp which is typically Class D other than that you should be able to run the subs fine off of the 4 ch I doubt you will have issues there.

*EDIT*

I believe I hit 150 on this build log and I just hit 300 WOOOOHHHOOOOOO :drink40::yahoo:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

The one I'd run them off of is a Class D 4channel amp.

Then what the hell are we waiting for lets get that bish in and get those sexy ass hertz's slappin

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

The one I'd run them off of is a Class D 4channel amp.

Then what the hell are we waiting for lets get that bish in and get those sexy ass hertz's slappin

:rofl: I'm in, trust me, but I have to get the money together for em first. I'm waiting on a quote from my guy!

Ok well after a full day and a partial night of deciding and thinking I've made my decision. I'm sure I'm gonna get ridicule from some, but that's fine, let the jokes and the razzing begin I guess!

So after messing with the placement and design of the system for a few weeks now, I've decided that the amps I have are just simply too big for my application and are also causing a lot of problems in the design of this system. So, that being said, here's what I've got:

Current Plan:

Audison LRx 4.1k on Tweeters and Mid Range

Audison LRx 2.9 on Mid Bass

Audison LRx 2.4 on Rear Fill

Audison LRx 1.1k on sub 2ohms at 800 watts

New Plan:

Hertz HDP4 on Tweeters and Mid Range

Hertz HDP4 bridged on Mid Bass

Hertz EP2 on rear fill

Hertz HDP4 bridged on Sub.

How is the sub gonna happen you ask? Well the sub is a dual 4ohm sub. The HDP4 is a 4channel amp that bridges at 4ohms at 500 watts x 2. Each bridged channel will go to each voice coil on the sub.

Currently I'm using Hertz HSK165's for the rear fill. I might hold onto those, but at the same time I'm leaning towards some Hertz High Energy Coax 6.5's as well.

All other equipment stays the same!

New layout: All three Hertz HDP4 amps will go in the rear deck drawer. The Hertz EP2 will go in the rear deck with the rear fill and new custom rear deck. The Audison Bit One Processor will go in the trunk lid or one of the cubbies. This will free up the entire area under the rear deck for the sub enclosure. I may move some things around depending on enclosure size to balance it out.

So there it is, let the comments, bashing, whatever begin! The Audison LRx amps will be up for sale very soon!

Im just glad you're finally decided on something bout damn time you change your mind one more time vinny go pay you a visit :aggressive::lol: can't wait to see...more brainstorming

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived