Linkster Posted June 30, 2011 Report Posted June 30, 2011 Don't even bother questioning linkster he knows it all... even more than Chewie trust me lol. Joe, I know its hard to believe. But I know what I'm talking about. To do it properly, you need a housing specifically built for HID's. But hey, not everyone does it properly. I'm not... I'll be using my OEM Projectors with an 8k 35w DDM kit. I could care less if my lights glared a bit. E38 7-Series Project: The VIP Room
LoudNLow931 Posted June 30, 2011 Report Posted June 30, 2011 those are projectors they will have less glare than a standard halogen assembly.. i know how to install hids. im not a idiot. how the housing is built dictates the cutoff. Just because you have done alot doesn't mean you do it correct... 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins 4 FT1s C1600.2 8 PWX 8s ONX2.100 Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener My Youtube Feedback
chewie Posted June 30, 2011 Report Posted June 30, 2011 True, most people don't take their time an do it right, they just throw them in and their done. theres nothing else to be done. besides aim them.. and make sure the wires are tidy. you make it sound like fucking rocket science. 91 dodge colt gt.. 4 custom t600 15s audioque 3500d.1 tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned. blazer stroker 15 brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop 145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL Aim: chewieft09 www.t3audio.com carpe diez nuts !! my house is louder than your car...
Bakerman Posted June 30, 2011 Report Posted June 30, 2011 those are projectors they will have less glare than a standard halogen assembly.. i know how to install hids. im not a idiot. how the housing is built dictates the cutoff. Will projectors have less glare...YES. But, my point is, you are telling Joe that he did not get a certain result on an install that HE did. Were you there, No. Have you seen his truck, No. And neither have I. Just because you got one result, doesn't mean that all other trucks in similar nature get teh same results. Plus, why the fuck are we arguing about glare in housings? All the OP wanted to know was why a cop would issue a ticket for HID's. ANSWER: Improper aiming or equipment. Shoulda been left at that.
LoudNLow931 Posted June 30, 2011 Report Posted June 30, 2011 Don't even bother questioning linkster he knows it all... even more than Chewie trust me lol. Joe, I know its hard to believe. But I know what I'm talking about. To do it properly, you need a housing specifically built for HID's. But hey, not everyone does it properly. I'm not... I'll be using my OEM Projectors with an 8k 35w DDM kit. I could care less if my lights glared a bit. Lol if u think you do. And I know you need projectors for it to be done correct but you can still achieve a good cut off line with stock housings if you adjust them. 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins 4 FT1s C1600.2 8 PWX 8s ONX2.100 Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener My Youtube Feedback
chewie Posted June 30, 2011 Report Posted June 30, 2011 those are projectors they will have less glare than a standard halogen assembly.. i know how to install hids. im not a idiot. how the housing is built dictates the cutoff. Just because you have done alot doesn't mean you do it correct... dont act like its hard.. cause its not. wire. mount install aim.. done. 91 dodge colt gt.. 4 custom t600 15s audioque 3500d.1 tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned. blazer stroker 15 brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop 145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL Aim: chewieft09 www.t3audio.com carpe diez nuts !! my house is louder than your car...
chewie Posted June 30, 2011 Report Posted June 30, 2011 those are projectors they will have less glare than a standard halogen assembly.. i know how to install hids. im not a idiot. how the housing is built dictates the cutoff. Will projectors have less glare...YES. But, my point is, you are telling Joe that he did not get a certain result on an install that HE did. Were you there, No. Have you seen his truck, No. And neither have I. Just because you got one result, doesn't mean that all other trucks in similar nature get teh same results. Plus, why the fuck are we arguing about glare in housings? All the OP wanted to know was why a cop would issue a ticket for HID's. ANSWER: Improper aiming or equipment. Shoulda been left at that. i got five results. 91 dodge colt gt.. 4 custom t600 15s audioque 3500d.1 tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned. blazer stroker 15 brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop 145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL Aim: chewieft09 www.t3audio.com carpe diez nuts !! my house is louder than your car...
LoudNLow931 Posted June 30, 2011 Report Posted June 30, 2011 those are projectors they will have less glare than a standard halogen assembly.. i know how to install hids. im not a idiot. how the housing is built dictates the cutoff. Will projectors have less glare...YES. But, my point is, you are telling Joe that he did not get a certain result on an install that HE did. Were you there, No. Have you seen his truck, No. And neither have I. Just because you got one result, doesn't mean that all other trucks in similar nature get teh same results. Plus, why the fuck are we arguing about glare in housings? All the OP wanted to know was why a cop would issue a ticket for HID's. ANSWER: Improper aiming or equipment. Shoulda been left at that. Exactly. Like I said he's a know it all drama queen. 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins 4 FT1s C1600.2 8 PWX 8s ONX2.100 Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener My Youtube Feedback
Stephen Posted June 30, 2011 Report Posted June 30, 2011 LOL, just LOL. I will send you a text weston. you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be. DC POWER
Bakerman Posted June 30, 2011 Report Posted June 30, 2011 i got five results. Yeah we know...you told us already. I was just making a comment...you don't have to be so critical. Point being, this isn't an install that all results are the same. There are a lot of different factors from wattage of your HID's, to quality, to tempurature, to housings...and man there are all kinds of different housings (whether halogen or projector). Just throw in your opinion and leave it at that. Don't try to shove what you know down someones throat...you sound like a damn preacher.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.