Second Skin Audio

Best woofer

They are all so ugly , I kinda like the dc in blue tho ;-)

But changing a nuthuggers mind is normally impossible, so :pardon:.

I kinda think everybody sorta hugs there own walNUT tree lol.

I try not too hug mine too hard, as for I also love...

-dc level 5-6 the 6 is my fav sub in the world. Putting up numbers x2 solo x 18's would do vs 1 dc lvl 6. that ALONE is a good reason to hug me a NUT lol.

-smd/aa

-lms ultra 18"

Ride Stats:

2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System

X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*"

X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser"

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's"

x1 Kinetik 1800

x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals

x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals

x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands.

x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge.

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.

ive heard multiple setups multiple times. they just didnt do it for me.

well for one. I see you like dd and can understand that.

DD is a high end frequency sub. usually setup in the 35-65hz range

The solo x is a mid/low end beast, usually setup in mid range frequencies. deffinitly not a FULL lowend sub like Re audio or smd.

30-50 hz range

Maybe your a fan of the higher hitting notes? the solo x is by far not the best, but if in the right setup can do some serious numbers.

I like DD but just havnt heard them in person. They seem too be a real nice spl sub.

You seriously think DD is made for higher bass frequencies?

Because if you do, that's wrong. They like to play low too.

NOT SAYING its true but...i DID hear far more then once...

DD does not like low frequencies, it may handle it but it dont like it. 70%+ Dd setups are tuned 40hz+ this could be a myth cuz ive never heard one go. But deffinitly a REAL myth that is going around.

if u agree mythBUST IT.

Im in the process of the same thing with the solo x atm lol.

people complain about the square cone, but dont realise how well built this cone is.

I cant see toomany subs taking a 9yr old girl standing on it cone up, without tearing or hurting the cone IN ANY WAY. might have hurt the spyders a bit tho, it was an old cone anyways lol

edit: LOL just so u know a little girl standing on my sub means nothing! but a strong cone lol.

#1 What youve heard is wrong...they will rape the lows like any other sub mentioned here.

#2 I heavily doubt putting a 9yr old girl on a subwoofer means shit. I put a cinderblock on my subs and theyre all right guys...yeah so that means its instantly loud?

#3 Nuthugging is something that happens with every brand. A ton of people just dont like kicker.

#4 The fact is that DD can rape the lows like any other sub mentioned. Are you gonna say my 8s suck cause they dont excurt as much as my 15s now? :orly3:

The solo x is a mid/low end beast, usually setup in mid range frequencies. deffinitly not a FULL lowend sub like Re audio or smd.

30-50 hz range

Maybe your a fan of the higher hitting notes? the solo x is by far not the best, but if in the right setup can do some serious numbers.

I like DD but just havnt heard them in person. They seem too be a real nice spl sub.

DD does not like low frequencies, it may handle it but it dont like it. 70%+ Dd setups are tuned 40hz+ this could be a myth cuz ive never heard one go. But deffinitly a REAL myth that is going around.

if u agree mythBUST IT.

people complain about the square cone, but dont realise how well built this cone is.

I cant see toomany subs taking a 9yr old girl standing on it cone up, without tearing or hurting the cone IN ANY WAY. might have hurt the spyders a bit tho, it was an old cone anyways lol

edit: LOL just so u know a little girl standing on my sub means nothing! but a strong cone lol.

#1 What youve heard is wrong...they will rape the lows like any other sub mentioned here.

#2 I heavily doubt putting a 9yr old girl on a subwoofer means shit. I put a cinderblock on my subs and theyre all right guys...yeah so that means its instantly loud?

#3 Nuthugging is something that happens with every brand. A ton of people just dont like kicker.

#4 The fact is that DD can rape the lows like any other sub mentioned. Are you gonna say my 8s suck cause they dont excurt as much as my 15s now? :orly3:

Lol i did everything i could there not to sound like a nuthugger, even though we all are. and as i MENTIONED...a strong cone means nothing if you dont have the other variables.

not saying dd dont like the lows, just heard it more then once. I have NOTHING against dd dont crush my WALNUTS! I know there are alot of dd fans here, I dont dare? lol

DONT BASH wtf... kicker recieves the most hate of any company just for thinking outside the box with a square cone?

But id take a dc level 6 over any sub. "including ANY DD sub ever..."

that is a fact. It will not change ANYTIME SOON.

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

30-50 hz range

if u agree mythBUST IT.

Lol i did everything i could there not to sound like a nuthugger, even though we all are. and as i MENTIONED...a strong cone means nothing if you dont have the other variables.

not saying dd dont like the lows, just heard it more then once. I have NOTHING against dd dont crush my WALNUTS! I know there are alot of dd fans here, I dont dare? lol

DONT BASH wtf... kicker recieves the most hate of any company just for thinking outside the box with a square cone?

the main reason i think most dislike kicker.. my self included, is the fact that everyone buys them, claims they are the loudest... and sound the best, and in reality they sound like shit, and arnt loud at all....

ive seen solo x's in person my self, in quite a few different vehicles... was never impressed especially for the pricetag....

700$ for a solo x 18? LOL fuck that.. i can get a better sub for cheaper... and be louder..

hell, you can almost get a SMD 18 for that price, and have way better SQ....

but all honesty, i dont hate kicker, they make decent stuff, but not for the price that they charge people.. if they were realistic with their pricetag I would like them more....

edit

and there is a reason no one really runs them anymore..

you can get better quality, for cheaper... hands down

*edit again

you also said it had issues taking 4000w... yet the RMS is 5000... for the 18... that doesnt make sense, who rates their subs for power, and yet it cant take it?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Good vid, whats that tuned too? Im sure dd can handle the lows imo.

just alot of false ass bs going around about brands floating around right now.

Usually created by people who buy a brand. and since they made the commitment of buying it they NUT HUG it and make bs about other brands. Out of insecurity of there brand.

as for me if its a sub and its moves...its kool.

why cant people understand you can like MORE then just one brand?!?!"usually the one they buaght"

I got kicker but I like a variety.

I got kicker sub on a rockford amp.

rockford is awsome, just dont like the subs they make THAT much. I think there amplifier teq goes alot farther then there speakers do.

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

30-50 hz range

if u agree mythBUST IT.

the main reason i think most dislike kicker.. my self included, is the fact that everyone buys them, claims they are the loudest... and sound the best, and in reality they sound like shit, and arnt loud at all....

ive seen solo x's in person my self, in quite a few different vehicles... was never impressed especially for the pricetag....

700$ for a solo x 18? LOL fuck that.. i can get a better sub for cheaper... and be louder..

but all honesty, i dont hate kicker, they make decent stuff, but not for the price that they charge people.. if they were realistic with their pricetag I would like them more....

edit

*edit again

you also said it had issues taking 4000w... yet the RMS is 5000... for the 18... that doesnt make sense, who rates their subs for power, and yet it cant take it?

well that last question is easly awnsered...

the solo x kicker is a hybrid...will do just fine in a seal or ported box.

they "falsely" rate there speakers by a sealed powerhandling.

they dont care too mention the ported powerhandling...witch is what 80% of spl systems are.

so that...I AGREE.

I GOT mine for 500 even.

It'll still take about 3.5k rms no problem.

Like the kicker l7 15"

its rated at 1k rms IN A SEALED BOX...

but will STILL take 1.25krms daily in a ported. witch must mean the sealed rating is underrated?

cuz the kicker l7 on 1.2k is a fact. I had x2 before this system, both on 1.25k. I had that system for 1 year and a half and sold it SAME DAY for more then i paid.

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

Good vid, whats that tuned too? Im sure dd can handle the lows imo.

just alot of false ass bs going around about brands floating around right now.

Usually created by people who buy a brand. and since they made the commitment of buying it they NUT HUG it and make bs about other brands. Out of insecurity of there brand.

as for me if its a sub and its moves...its kool.

why cant people understand you can like MORE then just one brand?!?!"usually the one they buaght"

I got kicker but I like a variety.

I got kicker sub on a rockford amp.

rockford is awsome, just dont like the subs they make THAT much. I think there amplifier teq goes alot farther then there speakers do.

Not sure what its tuned to, but that being said.

But as for the bolded part, your first post didnt ask but STATED the FACT that they dont like the lows. All of them are tuned to 40+ hz to get loud, etc. etc. etc.

These 'facts' are things spread around without a shadow of a doubt and are truth, yet have no backing from people who just dont want to admit maybe the $700 for that solo X wasnt worth it...or any other BS they bought. Dont make a statement acting like it is the act of god that is clearly just he said she said and youll do fine on here. But saying a brand cant do something that the solo X can =

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That being said, time to stop the sub V sub or this will get closed.

30-50 hz range

if u agree mythBUST IT.

edit

*edit again

well that last question is easly awnsered...

the solo x kicker is a hybrid...will do just fine in a seal or ported box.

they "falsely" rate there speakers by a sealed powerhandling.

they dont care too mention the ported powerhandling...witch is what 80% of spl systems are.

so that...I AGREE.

I wish some people would make them sound good, it would be sweet to see.. but the pricetag kills it every time i look at it

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

30-50 hz range

if u agree mythBUST IT.

just because they are tuned high doesn't means they don't get low ;)

and most dd's get used for spl, instead of crushing the lows.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived