Sundown Audio

problem with amplifier?

And a little bit more FYI. It may be worth investing in an O-scope or the SMD dd-1 distortion detector. That will help clean up the sound and very well may take care of the overheating problem. My Zapco before o-scope would fry eggs and clip after gets warm and plays clean.

Barstad

I have read over the link that is below quite a few times and seems to pretty helpful for settings gains on an amp. Hope the link can help and congrats on getting that ski hole opened up :good:

How to Properly Set Gains

Edited by 252chevyboyz

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

You can't hear clipping. The amp or subs shouldn't get hot if you aren't having major voltage drop or clipping

on juice box-gorilla zoe (defac's version) voltage doesn't drop below 13.5V, and that's on the hardest hits

Then you are probably clipping the signal to make both things hot. Turn the gain dowm