Second Skin Audio

Side ported enclosure!!

Well here it goes, I dont have access to a computer so I need a little assistance in what length a 4" aeroport will give me to tune around 36hz.

The outer measurements are 10"x24"x13.5" which makes it about 1.32cu ft internal! Sub is about .11 cu ft displacement so I will be right in the 1.15-1.25 cu ft requirements for ported! I also want to run as a side port so I can still keep my beauty panel!

If someone could assist that would be great!

2011-06-16144542.jpg

Thanks,

Mike

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Well here it goes, I dont have access to a computer so I need a little assistance in what length a 4" aeroport will give me to tune around 36hz.

The outer measurements are 10"x24"x13.5" which makes it about 1.32cu ft internal! Sub is about .11 cu ft displacement so I will be right in the 1.15-1.25 cu ft requirements for ported! I also want to run as a side port so I can still keep my beauty panel!

If someone could assist that would be great!

2011-06-16144542.jpg

Thanks,

Mike

my calcs say the box will end up being 1.06 cubes after port displacement. The box wont be wide enough to tune down to 37, the lowest tuning you'll get with a 4" port will be 38 in that box. I suggest having the port come out the front of the box (no port inside the box at all). That way your box will be 1.22cubes, and a 4" aero would only have to be 17" long for 37hz tuning

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

Well If I widen the box a couple inches I can still run the port internal, correct?! I forgot to figure in port displacement. This same sub a couple years ago in a 1.1 with a 6" aero hit 143 on 500 watts in a camaro! So I was hoping to do something close to upper 130's!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Well If I widen the box a couple inches I can still run the port internal, correct?! I forgot to figure in port displacement. This same sub a couple years ago in a 1.1 with a 6" aero hit 143 on 500 watts in a camaro! So I was hoping to do something close to upper 130's!

yeah you could make the box wider if possible. It will lower tuning though.

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

Why not just make the port bend?

you could do that, ive never personally done it though

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

I have roughly 30" of width to play with, just trying to keep within the wheel wells, and height maxes out at 13.5, so I can put it under my factory cross brace, where my eq will be installed! I also dont want to be more than 10" deep, cause I have a kid and need full use of the trunk! So if anyone has an idea that could help, I would greatly appreciate it!

I dont need any blueprints, just outter dimensions and port drivers side! Also thinking port towards bottom!

Any help is appreciated!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Archived