Mechman dual alt adjustable volt harness caught fire.

Isn't L all you need to turn it on? And the other is just for the dash light?

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Ray mine is the same as yours. And im not bashing mechman. Just stating it happened to me too and I don't know what caused it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

P is stator field, meaning an alt issue not regulator. And FYI, you can by pass the regulator completely by going "full field", you apply 12 volts or higher to the positive side of the brush.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

And yes on the AD series alts all you need is 1 wire to turn the alt on into charging mode. But for the OP since he needs to charge higher then the set point of the regulator(14.8 V) he has to have the sense wire connected, that is what adjusted voltage, the regulator will move voltage up if it detects that voltage on the sense wire lower then the set point. That is what the POT is doing, lowering input sense voltage to raise the regulator charge voltage.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

It almost HAS to be a problem with the alts, don't it? Have you tried an external voltage regulator? Hopefully Mechman helps you get it figured out. But to me from the outside point of view, this does not look good on Iraggi alts. Actually I have seen a lot of people online have problems with them. Isn't that why Steve changed his out from Iraggi to Mechman???

Anyway, good luck, hope to see you get it figured out! :drink40:

As far as it must me an alt problem...I have 5 alternators and I have switched out all 5 and have gotten the same result. Also I can use my MLA with no issues and it is basically the same thing just its not adjustable. Also Mechman has two of my alts right now and they said they tested fine (they have the two alts that burned up the first harness).

It's really bizarre that the lamp wire is getting so hot unless there is too much resistance? (edit: sorry it's the outside wire so not L just saw yellow and had assumed lamp)

It almost HAS to be a problem with the alts, don't it? Have you tried an external voltage regulator? Hopefully Mechman helps you get it figured out. But to me from the outside point of view, this does not look good on Iraggi alts. Actually I have seen a lot of people online have problems with them. Isn't that why Steve changed his out from Iraggi to Mechman???

1) Iraggi is done

2) Iraggi (Dom) ripped an assload of people off

You can't say ENOUGH bad things about Dom and Iraggi as far as I'm concerned. I had 3 alts die, 1 due to his OD pulley being too small, 1 because he had sand blasted the case with the damn bearings in it so there was sand INSIDE the bearings, and the third went up in a plume of smoke after playing it full tile for under 1 minute (I drove 2 miles, jumped on it for not even a minute and it went up in smoke literally). His dual alt kit didn't fit, he kept it, and didn't refund me for that or my belt not to mention the cost associated with shipping alts back and forth three times. Fuck him

You guys can say what you want about Iraggi...I know a fair amount of people who are still running Iraggi alts and they have no issues. I am running one myself right now with no problems.

Ami you have extensive knowledge on the wiring. My hoe has only 1 wire so its easy. My mechman harness works fine. Vcm took a shit but that's another story. On your guys years I'm assuming yellow wire is sense and white lamp? So why not just unhook blue and green. Meaning pull them out of actual plug. Also op take factory plug or avbm and plug it into 2nd alternator alone and see if it works. If it doesn't or starts to get hot then you know its the alternator

I have done that, where i took the seconday alt and moved it to the stock location and ran it off the trucks wiring...works fine just doesn't charge as high as i need.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

dom had some shaky models. Jeff and I both happen to have a good model on an easy vehicle. Although he's got a different engine in his his its pretty similar as far as alts go. Those models from dom are very good.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

As far as it must me an alt problem...I have 5 alternators and I have switched out all 5 and have gotten the same result. Also I can use my MLA with no issues and it is basically the same thing just its not adjustable. Also Mechman has two of my alts right now and they said they tested fine (they have the two alts that burned up the first harness).

It's really bizarre that the lamp wire is getting so hot unless there is too much resistance? (edit: sorry it's the outside wire so not L just saw yellow and had assumed lamp)

1) Iraggi is done

2) Iraggi (Dom) ripped an assload of people off

You can't say ENOUGH bad things about Dom and Iraggi as far as I'm concerned. I had 3 alts die, 1 due to his OD pulley being too small, 1 because he had sand blasted the case with the damn bearings in it so there was sand INSIDE the bearings, and the third went up in a plume of smoke after playing it full tile for under 1 minute (I drove 2 miles, jumped on it for not even a minute and it went up in smoke literally). His dual alt kit didn't fit, he kept it, and didn't refund me for that or my belt not to mention the cost associated with shipping alts back and forth three times. Fuck him

You guys can say what you want about Iraggi...I know a fair amount of people who are still running Iraggi alts and they have no issues. I am running one myself right now with no problems.

I shouldn't have brought that in here man and I'm sorry about that. It's just a real soar spot for me as I'm sure it would be for you when you basically threw around a G out the window. I know his older stuff was rock solid, hell one of the reasons I bought them is because a friend of mine runs them, shit his are still fine. The key I think was timing... I got mine in I think June of last year and that was right around the time things started going to hell.

I didn't mean to even suggest that your alts were screwed, was just going off about the company in general. :drinks:

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I've used 3 irraqis for a yr and a half and 2 stop working 4 times. When they work they work. I was able to get ahold of dom say 4 months ago through text and he rebuilt 2 of them. But he basiclly is mia. Op what I meant is wha happens if you have both alts hooked up thenunplug the one in stock location and or swap which side of plug you use? Are you running 12v or 14v batterys cuz in the video you say 12v but then you turn it up to 16.5

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I am running 14v...my mistake

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Archived