Sonic Electronix

i am going to be building a system in th near future and i wanted some advice.

i have a rockford fosgate hx2 15 and i want to know the best way to wire it to an amp. ive been running it with a 600 watt dual amp and i know its junk but its what i had, i was only running it off one voice coil and it worked pretty good but still am unsure if its ok to do that. i want the best bass i can get so im wondering if my amp is to small or the best way to wire it

Because you never had 600 true watts to it. And you shouldnt ever just wire one voicoil? That doesn't even make sense? What is the RMS rating in that sub?

Edited by kam311

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Okay I looked up the sub, sub is rated at 500watts rms, looks pretty sturdy. What you need to do next if find out what the subs ohm rating is. Look on the magnent of that sub and it should say if it is a dual voice coil 4 ohm (dvc 4) or a dual voice coil 2ohm (dvc 2) it is crucial to know the subs actual ohm rating

we need to find an amp that makes 500 TRUE watts rms (not max rating, max rating doesn't mean a damn thing in car audio) at a certain ohm resistance to fit your needs

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Okay I looked up the sub, sub is rated at 500watts rms, looks pretty sturdy. What you need to do next if find out what the subs ohm rating is. Look on the magnent of that sub and it should say if it is a dual voice coil 4 ohm (dvc 4) or a dual voice coil 2ohm (dvc 2) it is crucial to know the subs actual ohm rating

we need to find an amp that makes 500 TRUE watts rms (not max rating, max rating doesn't mean a damn thing in car audio) at a certain ohm resistance to fit your needs

im not sure wjay ohms it is but do you think this would be a good amp

http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Legacy-2-Ch-2000-Watt-Car-Stereo-Amplifier-Sub-Amp-/160604089381?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item2564bfec25

http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Legacy-2-Ch-2000-Watt-Car-Stereo-Amplifier-Sub-Amp-/160604089381?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item2564bfec25

get a mono block amp not 2

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

No no no no no no!!!!!!!!!

First off, legacy isn't worth a shit, your never going to find a 2000w amp for $80, that's just a trick to trick you into buying some shitty amp that does 50watts rms. Look man, don't rush yourself, you won't en up happy and you'll have to buy something twice! Which will cost you more in the long run. You get what you pay for in this game.

Second of all, for your subs, 99.9% percent of the tine you are going to want a class d monoblock amp, not a 2 channel or anything really besides a class d monoblock.

Last but not least. YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE OHM RATING OF YOUR SUB... It's crucial!!!! Once we figure that out we can begin looking for an amp! Don't even look at amps right now, your wasting your time! Go pull your sub out and look at the back, figure out what ohm it is, if it doesn't say, find a multimeter and set it on "ohms" put the ground in the ground of the voicecoil, and the + in the + of the voicecoil and see what the number is! If it's at 4 or around 4 then it's dvc 4. If it's at or around 2 then it's dvc 2.

Don't get ahead of yourself, trust me

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

No no no no no no!!!!!!!!!

could you suggest a good amp?

First off, legacy isn't worth a shit, your never going to find a 2000w amp for $80, that's just a trick to trick you into buying some shitty amp that does 50watts rms. Look man, don't rush yourself, you won't en up happy and you'll have to buy something twice! Which will cost you more in the long run. You get what you pay for in this game.

Second of all, for your subs, 99.9% percent of the tine you are going to want a class d monoblock amp, not a 2 channel or anything really besides a class d monoblock.

Last but not least. YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE OHM RATING OF YOUR SUB... It's crucial!!!! Once we figure that out we can begin looking for an amp! Don't even look at amps right now, your wasting your time! Go pull your sub out and look at the back, figure out what ohm it is, if it doesn't say, find a multimeter and set it on "ohms" put the ground in the ground of the voicecoil, and the + in the + of the voicecoil and see what the number is! If it's at 4 or around 4 then it's dvc 4. If it's at or around 2 then it's dvc 2.

Don't get ahead of yourself, trust me