Sonic Electronix

Sundown sa 15 box & sub questions kicker

Have a custom 7.25 net box tuned at 34hz for 2 15 subs. Had two Kicker cvx 15 and an audiopipe 1500rms on it and although it got loud it lacked on the lows a little thinking most likely because it was a little on the small side (3.5cubes each).

Im sending those back and have a budget of $400 so two sundown subs sa 15 was what i was researching. Problem is i do not have any experience at all with sundown so i do not know if my box is at the optimum end of their requirements, sent them an email but they did not reply.

My box has a lot of port area like 16 inches per cube so im a little worried that it might be too much even though i have no idea if its really that big of a deal.

My hope is to be louder on the same power with the sundowns compared to the cvx all while sounding better and hitting lows better.

Any help?

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

I'm running mine in 3.25 net at 35hz and it loves it. Should be fine at 3.5. 16in^2 of port should work well also.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Are there any other subs out there within $450 a pair i should be looking at that work optimally at 3.5 cubes net each? Is 16 inches of port area too much for the sundown sa 15's?

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Needs more power look into a sundown amp while your at it... 2500 or so would do well I would think

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Are there any other subs out there within $450 a pair i should be looking at that work optimally at 3.5 cubes net each? Is 16 inches of port area too much for the sundown sa 15's?

The SA's will like that size, and 16" is great on port area.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I find it hard to believe a box built to 3.5 cubic feet after port and woofer displacement and tuned to 35 hertz is not playing low enough for you.

I'm also really shocked that you feel the CVX is not competent enough.

I think it is because you are not running enough power to them. You are putting 1500 watts of not the cleanest power on a set of subs that can handle a quality 2500 watt amp. Whether it be Sundown or Kicker's 2,500 watt amp you just don't have enough power on them.

And if you think that you are on the small side for a box for a 15 then what are you going to think about the SA 15 taking a 3 cubic foot box tuned to 35 hertz. LOL!!!

Here man the box recommendation is on this page.

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70_71&products_id=281

Ported @ 3.0 cubes tuned to 35 Hz - F3 of 30 Hz

It would really help if you bought a decent amp and no I'm not bashing or joking.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png