im looking for a good gas saver, so i began looking on craigslist for civics. ive found one that is really close to me. but its got a replaced motor that wont start, im hoping those of you with import knowledge will chime in Click me! im hoping i can get him down lower. if not is this a good deal. and would it be worth it? all help/comments are greatly appreciated!

1999 Dodge Caravan

[TrashMobile]

8ga Power/Ground

AudioPipe APSM-1300 (subs)

Scosche 550 (mids/highs)

Boss 735UA Headunit

(2)Hifonics HFi12D4

Still Under Major Construction..

im looking for a good gas saver, so i began looking on craigslist for civics. ive found one that is really close to me. but its got a replaced motor that wont start, im hoping those of you with import knowledge will chime in Click me! im hoping i can get him down lower. if not is this a good deal. and would it be worth it? all help/comments are greatly appreciated!

Id never buy a car with a replaced motor...especially one that won't start. you don't know who did the work and you don't know why it won't start. if you buy that car and its a hackjob, you could be looking at a whole lot more work/money on your hands.

*** If your into that thing, it might be perfect for you...but Id make sure I have a whole lot of time on my hands to be ripping it apart and making sure everythings right. sounds like your not looking for a project though...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I think I'm still gonna go look at it with someone who knows enoug about imports. Maybe its an easy cheap fix. If not ill leave it alone. Thanks for all the input guys!

1999 Dodge Caravan

[TrashMobile]

8ga Power/Ground

AudioPipe APSM-1300 (subs)

Scosche 550 (mids/highs)

Boss 735UA Headunit

(2)Hifonics HFi12D4

Still Under Major Construction..

x2 ^^^^ u might be looking at a whole lot more money and instead of saving u could of bought a better car

x3 if it was like $500 or even now and the new motor is a vTec u could make your money back up selling in parts. BUT THATS NOT WHAT YOU WANT

i guess check it out, if not wait youll find the right one sooner or later. it took 2 months to find my integra, 2hrs i way same day it was posted i called and picked it up CASH in hand that same weekend.

Edited by BeatBox

Unless your buying a motor swapped car and you know the person and that the work is quality, I wouldn't risk it. You don't know If they used the right parts or went cheap and got used ones, etc etc. There's alot that goes into an engine swap, even the easier bolt ins. Even if it's an easy fix, you don't know if something else will give out soon. Just keep looking. I got my civic for $2500 with the engine light on. 98 lx, mostly stock. Ended up being just a busted o2 sensor. $45 dollars and then I think I spent $30 for ball joints. I did all the work and got a car at basically half price. Basically, it's worth looking at, but a good deal is fairly easy to find, just be smart and don't impulse buy.